|Abrasive has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Technology. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|WikiProject Metalworking||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
|This article is written in British English, which has its own spelling conventions (colour, travelled, centre, realise, defence), and some terms used in it are different or absent from other varieties of English. According to the relevant style guide, this should not be changed without broad consensus.|
- I would like to tell about DMOZ directory. Many of us are trying to gain this back link....in this DMOZ directory services is very seductive. After ignoring DMOZ as source for search engine the importance of DMOZ has been decreased.Presence in DMOZ has for webmaster meaning. It is mark of "domain quality", because domain was approved in DMOZ directory. Especially while selling domain, presence in DMOZ can increase domain price, hence the DMOZ link should be added Anoopnair2050 (talk) 09:56, 2 July 2008 (UTC)
Other things to add
Abrasion as a wound caused by something acting as an abrasive. Cost as a factor in choosing abrasives.Waerloeg 05:41, 7 April 2007 (UTC) Diamond expensive and fullerites and diamond nanorods being non-commerical due to laboratory production.
Cleaning: whether suspended in cream or steel wool scouring. Undesired carbon in car engines. Cleaning of skin--exfoliation, derm-abrasion. Bad people who use knives to cut on glass or metal. Glass cutters. Prepare surface for painting, gluing.Waerloeg 10:35, 7 April 2007 (UTC) Different to filing.Waerloeg 14:32, 7 April 2007 (UTC)
- The article is very informative and useful and gives a clear idea about what exactly 'abrasive' means.184.108.40.206 (talk) 10:20, 5 February 2008 (UTC)ASHWIN —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 10:08, 5 February 2008 (UTC)
- ABRASIVE GRAINS ARE USED IN FLOUR MILLS STONES, RICE MILLS, HARD WEARING AND ANTI SKID FLOORING, PAVEMENTS ETC. ABRASIVE GRAINS ARE USED BY EMERY INDIA ASS FLOOR HARDENERS AND ALSO IN TILES AND MARBLES... TRHESE GRAINS ARE ALSO USED AS CEMENT ADDITIVES-18.104.22.168 (talk) 11:07, 5 February 2008 (UTC)ASHWIN
Glaciers erode valleys but not by te action of ice over rock, rather by rock in the ice grinding the underlying rock. Similarly, I would expect that it is grains caught by the sole of the shoes that abrade the stones. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:58, 15 February 2008 (UTC)
I agree with this. The force of the glacier breaks off (not abrades) rock, and then the embedded rock abrades more rock. The ice acts as the matrix, not the abrasive.
Also, steel files do not act by abrasion. They cut the material. Other kinds of files, like nail files, are abrasive, however. —Preceding unsigned comment added by JNDoyle (talk • contribs) 21:08, 30 September 2010 (UTC)
Propose to have a section in the main Article. Section = Abrasive Grain Associations
I Suggest there be a section in the main article: List of Associations
- Abrasive Grains Association, India
- German Abrasives Association
- Unified Abrasives Manufacturers' Association - OHIO, US
- No. A single dmoz link as discussed above, and now done, is far better. — RHaworth (Talk | contribs) 18:28, 25 August 2008 (UTC)
- But what about people who come to this article to get more data about whats happening with abrasives around the world. I agree getting the link on DMOZ is worth but it wont help people to know whats happening in the the abrasive industry around the world. I feel the proposed Section will add value to the article.
See also _ look at the herinbelow content : it is advt.
Valgro-Fynex Seamless and steadfast Clad with a purpose of becoming a national trailblazer in surface finishing solutions.Valgro has continuously evolved since its inception in 1996.The Brand lives of making ground-breaking abrasive solution for the surface finishing,deburring,grinding and cleaning applications,which not only improves bottom-lines but also gives seamless perspective for the variety of industrial applications.
Valgro Abrasives products have surpassed the established standards and received a high repute both at home and abroad.The Company has achieved ISO 9001 sanctity and developed promising shop floors.A decade long stand of adding steadfast excellence in product innovation,prompt delivery and most importantly,the strong sense to fully support.Its for these attributes that Valro has succeeded in a dding rapid strides year by year.
The comment(s) below were originally left at several discussions in past years, these subpages are now deprecated. The comments may be irrelevant or outdated; if so, please feel free to remove this section., and are posted here for posterity. Following
|==created page ==
Sanjiv swarup (talk) 11:33, 20 August 2008 (UTC)
Substituted at 00:53, 12 June 2016 (UTC)