|WikiProject Geology||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Canada / Territories / Geography||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|It is requested that a map or maps be included in this article to improve its quality.
Wikipedians in Northwest Territories may be able to help!
How large is this outcrop?
- This source qives <20 km2, which may seem imprecise, but the older parts are found as inclusions in younger gneisses, rather than as one continuous body. Mikenorton (talk) 08:46, 16 June 2010 (UTC)
No longer the oldest rock
This is no longer the oldest known rock. The title now belongs to rock of Baffin Island, Nunavut, Canada. http://www.cbc.ca —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 19:16, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
- From reading the abstract of the original Nature article, which was the source of the CBC piece, it's clear that the report is referring to the age of the mantle from which the 60 million year old Baffin volcanic rocks were derived by partial melting, not the rocks at the surface. Mikenorton (talk) 20:33, 24 August 2010 (UTC)
No longer the oldest rock
LOL! This is no longer the oldest known rock. The title now belongs to a zircon fragment found in Australia, known as the Jack Hills Zircon and dated 4.4 GA. http://www.news.wisc.edu/releases/18407 Tim Riches, Brampton, Ontario (talk) 05:57, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
- See Oldest rock#Oldest terrestrial material. The zircon crystals of the Jack Hills are old, but the metamorphosed conglomerate they occur in are a bit younger at 3.06 Ga. Vsmith (talk) 20:15, 26 February 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Acasta Gneiss. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070309145713/http://homepage.mac.com:80/yuee/H/research3.html to http://homepage.mac.com/yuee/H/research3.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.