|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
"in a poor fashion" - What does that mean?
Because they were brought into UK legislation in a poor fashion they are an anomaly – a quad for driver licence purposes and emission regulations, but a standard car for road tax and insurance purposes.
- Sounds like rubbish, they were originally designed for the French market where there is a history of tax/insurance provision for vehicles of this size and weight. On UK roads they are still very unusual and one thing large UK insurance companies are not noted for their accomodation of the unusual. Likewise road tax changes based on emissions only started in 2005. As it was all unreferenced I've deleted accordingly. Mighty Antar (talk) 17:49, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
Electric cars and NICE Car Company
While looking for info on this company: http://www.nicecarcompany.co.uk I was redirected to this page. This page makes no serious mention of Aixam's electric car business, nor that it has based that business in London. I'd love someone who knew more about this company in general to take a look please! 184.108.40.206 (talk) 14:30, 8 December 2008 (UTC)
- Sadly NICE didn't last long. I have added a note about the acquisition of NICE by Aixam, though some additional detail should be added when found. Warren (talk) 17:29, 22 August 2012 (UTC)
- I've removed the advert Tag. It might have applied a couple of years ago, but the article now is pretty much NPOV and is factual and includes several criticisms of the vehicle. The Yowser (talk) 16:35, 1 March 2012 (UTC)
Exceptionally green claim should be removed
"The low-emissions Kubota engines plus the automatic CVT transmission make them exceptionally "green" vehicles"
No citation available and should be removed. The Kubota engine exceeds EPA Tier 1 and EU Tier 2 Exhaust Emission Regulations for Off Road Diesel Engines and has no certification for on-road use. The engine is not fitted with devices and technology normally associated with low emission diesel engines such as EGR, common rail injection or particle filter. There is no evidence to support the claim that CVT transmission is "greener" than a manual, automated manual or hydraulic automatic. — Preceding unsigned comment added by Bsykes12 (talk • contribs) 21:49, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- Well spotted. It has gone. Unsourced tree-hugging rubbish and original research. --Biker Biker (talk) 22:00, 22 February 2012 (UTC)
- I can't find a reference which would support a low fuel consumption claim. A comparison with other microcars or possibly the Smart would be needed. A Telegraph article quotes fuel consumption 78mpg diesel, 65mpg petrol (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/motoring/4749748/Invasion-of-the-quad-squad.html). Smart claim extra-urban of 71mpg diesel and 60mpg petrol. The Aixam diesel produces 13 BHP, the Smart 54BHP. One may argue the Aixam has very high fuel consumption. Respectfully, --Bsykes12 (talk) 22:35, 20 June 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Aixam. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150501082154/http://www.carnewsportal.com/car_article7920.html to http://www.carnewsportal.com/car_article7920.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110720083840/http://nicecarcompany.co.uk/ to http://www.nicecarcompany.co.uk/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.