Talk:Alta High School (Utah)
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject United States / Utah||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
I've tried to clean up the article. Wikipedia is not really about lists. Here is the list of clubs - similar to many high schools. I've deleted it from the main article and put it here in case any one wants to change anything.
- Poltical Awarness Club (some times called Poltical Awarness Forum)
- Psychology and Philosphey Club (Often merged with PAC)
- Model United Nations Club
- Academic Decathlon
- Key Club
- French Club
- Drama Club
- Frisbee Club
- Spanish Club
- German Club
- Japanese Anime Club
- Movie Club
- Art Club
SuzanneKn 22:52, 23 February 2007 (UTC)
I think that lists and tables are totally acceptable because they make it easier to navigate and read. the way it is now is just a bunch of mumbled paragraphs with just a few of the clubs listed, all clubs offered should be listed or none at all.
also why not add a section about notable alumni like Julianne Hough the professional dancer who has won dancing with the stars twice and just signed a country music deal? Even though this school is fairly new many alta high students have gone quite far in life and the school should be noticed for it. Omegablackbelt 23:28, 3 December 2007 (UTC)
One of the problems with listing the different clubs at a high school is they tend to change based on when the students that founded them graduate. A good portion of the clubs probably don't last after the founding members graduate. I would vote to remove the clubs from the main page unless they are noteworthy in some way. FluffyBuffalo 00:00, 12 November 2014
when did alta high open
- The article states that the school was established in 1978. Try following the link to the school's website, see if there's a link to a list of alumni years...oldest would be first graduating class. DMacks (talk) 19:12, 14 July 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Alta High School (Utah). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110728141530/http://www.uhsaa.org/info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=97 to http://www.uhsaa.org/info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=97
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110728141522/http://www.uhsaa.org/info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=75 to http://www.uhsaa.org/info/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=31&Itemid=75
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.