|This is not a forum for general discussion about Asian Australians. Any such comments may be removed or refactored. Please limit discussion to improvement of this article. You may wish to ask factual questions about Asian Australians at the Reference desk, discuss relevant Wikipedia policy at the Village pump, or ask for help at the Help desk.|
|WikiProject Australia / Demographics||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Ok. Wtf is the picture of JACKIE CHAN doing in the thumbnail picture? Absolutely no direct relation to the article apart from the fact that he's Asian, ffs. Dagari 13:00, 4 March 2007 (UTC)
- LOL. I was thinking exactly the same thing. Coojah 09:15, 14 March 2007 (UTC)
jackie's parents emigrated to australia in the 60s, though i doubt jackie has australian citizenship? Rachael
Being an Asian-Australian myself i prefer we adopt him anyway, no matter who he is on paper... User:Arc 22:07, 1 April 2007 (AEST)
Deletion of summary information
I am not an asian Australian (don't even live in Australia), but it strikes me that this suggested deletion goes too far, despite the editor having a query about the definition of the ethnic group--Calabraxthis 00:25, 6 May 2007 (UTC)
White Asians shouldn't be included
I think that White Asians (Northern Indians, Northern Pakistanis, Afghanis, Persians (Iran), Turks, Jews, Arabs...) shouldn´t be included as they have more in common with White Europeans (in fact Persians (Iranians), Northern Indians, Pakistanis and Afghans are Indo-Europeans like the English... —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 22:20, 20 July 2008 (UTC)
I removed the following "They are very fond of the song Centerfold (song)." as I suspect it's mischievous - see also Centerfold page. At the very least, needs a citation if it put back 184.108.40.206 (talk) 06:57, 21 March 2010 (UTC)
Deleting violence section
I am going to delete violence against Asians section. I'm all for having such a section here provided it has sensible and specific material. The section in its current state only includes references to attacks on people of west and south Asian origin in the US after September 11. I'm not sure if someone is trying to be funny or is someone is really that daft but it doesn't belong in an article about Asian Australians. If anyone is going to make entries to race-based attacks on Asians in Australia, it needs to be appropriately referenced with contemporary examples that show more than just a couple of isolated incidents and with evidence that they are indeed race-based. (HRS8719 (talk) 00:29, 17 October 2011 (UTC))
Asian Australian demographics
OK. Here I am. Now, what was the issue with the information I added again?
- Firstly, this is the place where you need to tell us all about the change you want to make, especially if it's a major one. (And yours was.) Tells us what it is, why, and what sourcing you have. Then await others' responses. Allow a discussion to occur.
- Secondly, let's get some better Wikipedia etiquette going here. Can you please electronically sign all your posts on Talk pages by typing ~~~~ at the end. That's what I'm about to do here. See my signature...-> ? HiLo48 (talk) 21:20, 23 December 2013 (UTC)
- Nothing to extreme i just wanted a source more dependable than some vague BBC article. Journalists aren't known to do deep research, so i wanted to hear from an expert in the field. Bernard Salt wrote multiple books on Australian demographics, so his work does seem to have more authenticity. You can check out some of his work on youtube. Szekszter (talk) 01:46, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
- That is the number of FOREIGN BORN asians. On the other hand, 10% is the total number of foreign Born + asians born to parent(s) that immigrated to Australia after the White Australia policy was repelled. That is why I added(including partial asian ancestry)Szekszter (talk) 03:44, 24 December 2013 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Asian Australians. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20050615004252/http://asianstudies.anu.edu.au/wiki/index.php/Centre_for_Asian_Societies_and_Histories to http://asianstudies.anu.edu.au/wiki/index.php/Centre_for_Asian_Societies_and_Histories
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
An editor has reviewed this edit and fixed any errors that were found.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.