|Auckland Zoo received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
- Could someone please do a through copy edit and check the article is all in British English, (I thought I had but peer review says otherwise!) Much appreciated. ZoofanNZ (talk) 03:11, 28 January 2008 (UTC)
- I am currently in the process of moving the gallery to a Wikimedia Commons page of the same name, if you cannot find an image that was previously here check there. Regards, ZoofanNZ (talk) 19:22, 27 February 2008 (UTC)
thanks ZoofanNZ and nice work! - you've put a lot of effort into it. just one comment: some info on the animal escapes over the years would be nice. I know one of the hippos floated down the creek during a flood at one stage and an otter was recently on the run. There are a few others too i think Goldfinger820 (talk) 04:41, 8 May 2008 (UTC)
I deleted the reference to the man having knives. I have spoken to my father who was the keeper who rescued the man from Turvey and he has no recollection of any knives. The man ran off after being rescued. Gacole (talk) 20:10, 1 September 2008 (UTC)
I work with the Zoo and some resources to contribute to this page. - A video, comprising a short tour; and - A geocache, including much of relevance. Propose addition of the following to external links:
- Auckland Zoo Tiki Tour A short Faber Optimé YouTube video of the Zoo.
- We're Going to the Zoo, Zoo, Zoo... A Faber Optimé geocache at the Zoo. —Preceding undated comment added 08:04, 8 July 2009 (UTC).
- Oppose. As has been explained to you by several people at User talk:Faber Optimé, you should not be linking to your own work, and all those who have reviewed your videos to date appear to have agreed that they are not suitable as links.-gadfium 20:22, 8 July 2009 (UTC)
This is really short on citations for a B-class article. I'm not demoting it because it looks like some could be converted from references and such, but I am setting the attention flag. Donlammers (talk) 11:31, 6 September 2010 (UTC)
- I have started adding and expanding citations, and have made some headway. The history section is barely cited. I suspect that most of the info is from the zoo history page (which I can look at in a bit) and the "A Tiger by the Tail" book (to which I do not have access). If someone that has access to the book can either point me to it or go through and note page numbers (just put in plain text "(Wood, p20)" or whatever) I can set up the citations properly. Donlammers (talk) 15:05, 26 September 2010 (UTC)
ZoofanNZ (not logged in). I wrote almost all the article and the history section. I cited it all from the book mentioned. I went through the book over a number of nights and summarised it as I typed it into Wikipedia. Not sure where the book is now but if I get a chane I'll dig it up and edit the page as you suggest. I'd regard the book as accurate, it was written by Derek Wood who was director of the zoo fro 30 odd years and was published by the zoo (via the Auckland City Council). — Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:33, 11 April 2012 (UTC)
Nobody is questioning the accuracy of the book. However, if you are going to use it as a primary source, we need to cite the pages. As I said above, if you can mark in the pages I can set them up as proper citations. Don Lammers (talk) 12:15, 12 April 2012 (UTC)
There are some inaccuracies in A Tiger by the Tail but overall it's a fairly good reference. We can add in references from the contemporary newspaper reports of the period. I have a copy of A Tiger by the Tail so will try to help with the citations where I can Zoohistorian (talk) 02:15, 14 October 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Auckland Zoo. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20101031012127/http://www.zooaquarium.org.au/Association-Institutional-Members/default.aspx to http://www.zooaquarium.org.au/Association-Institutional-Members/default.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.