Talk:Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet
|WikiProject Aviation||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Computing / Networking||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
The first external reference is ok for the first few paragraphs, then it becomes a sales-pitch. I vote to throw it out and put something else in. Any suggestions? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 22.214.171.124 (talk • contribs) .
- I think I may have put those links in. If you can find something more descriptive to use go ahead. Being a very niche product, there isn't a huge amount of information available. --StuffOfInterest 20:00, 17 February 2006 (UTC)
The sentence "However, though bandwidth and maximum end-to-end latency and jitter, links are guaranteed, there is no guarantee of packet deliver" is somewhat convoluted and hard to understand. Can an expert correct or expand? --Yelojakit (talk) 14:08, 31 May 2012 (UTC)
The last external link:
- ARINC 664 presentation
Does not work for me
126.96.36.199 15:59, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
Why are sub-VLs designed for "less critical data"? Sub-VLs are transmission queue that are read in round-robin. The objective is to provide a fair enqueuing mechanisms that guarantees that no message type of a set of different messages sent over the same VL is always the last to be sent. --SbotEng (talk) 18:48, 11 January 2011 (UTC)
ARINC 664 vs AFDX
I selected the ARINC 664 link from the ARINC main page and ended up on a page titled AFDX. As the article specifies, AFDX is specified in one of the 7 or 8 sections of the ARINC 664 specification. A broad generalization of AFDX is that it is a redundant form of ARINC 664. Based on this, it seems the article should be specifically about ARINC 664 and another page should be created to detail the AFDX section. anonymous 21-Feb-2011
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Avionics Full-Duplex Switched Ethernet. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110719191449/http://www.rt.db.erau.edu/BLUE/team_bios/leo/Matos_AFDX_Term_Paper.pdf to http://www.rt.db.erau.edu/BLUE/team_bios/leo/Matos_AFDX_Term_Paper.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130810050616/http://selex-es.com/media/press-releases/2013/19-06-2013.aspx to http://www.selex-es.com/media/press-releases/2013/19-06-2013.aspx
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.