|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject United States / Massachusetts||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Notable residents - To the guy who keeps listing a local band
Please consult, WP:MUS before adding local bands. A reverse check of your IP places you in the area the band is from, if you are a member of the band I suggest you read this WP:CONFLICT conflict of interest policy discourages self promotion.
- These are the required things for being notable as a band.
- Has been the subject of multiple non-trivial published works whose source is independent from the musician or ensemble itself and reliable.[note 1] you have no demonstrated this, passing mention in a LOCAL newspaper is trivial
* This criterion includes published works in all forms, such as newspaper articles, books, magazine articles, online versions of print media, and television documentaries except for the following: o Any reprints of press releases, other publications where the musician or ensemble talks about themselves, and all advertising that mentions the musician or ensemble, including manufacturers' advertising.[note 3] o Works comprising merely trivial coverage, such as articles that simply report performance dates, release information or track listings, or the publications of contact and booking details in directories. what you posted was trivial, it merely mentioned the band was at a battle of the bands concert o Articles in a school or university newspaper (or similar) would generally be considered trivial but should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
- Has had a single or album on any country's national music chart. nope
- Has had a record certified gold or higher in at least one country. nope
- Has received non-trivial coverage in a reliable source of an international concert tour, or a national concert tour in at least one sovereign country. nope
- Has released two or more albums on a major label or one of the more important indie labels (i.e., an independent label with a history of more than a few years and a roster of performers, many of which are notable). nope
- Is an ensemble which contains two or more independently notable musicians, or is a musician who has been a member of two or more independently notable ensembles. nope
- Has become one of the most prominent representatives of a notable style or the most prominent of the local scene of a city; note that the subject must still meet all ordinary Wikipedia standards, including verifiability. nope
- Has won or been nominated for a major music award, such as a Grammy, Juno, Mercury, Choice or Grammis award.nope
- Has won or placed in a major music competition. nope
- Has performed music for a work of media that is notable, e.g. a theme for a network television show, performance in a television show or notable film, inclusion on a notable compilation album, etc. (But if this is the only claim, it is probably more appropriate to have a mention in the main article and redirect to that article.)nope
- Has been placed in rotation nationally by any major radio network.nope
- Has been the subject of a half-hour or longer broadcast across a national radio or TV network.nope —Preceding unsigned comment added by Smitty1337 (talk • contribs) 07:32, 5 March 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Avon, Massachusetts. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120106065336/http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/GCTTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=04000US25&-_box_head_nbr=GCT-T1&-ds_name=PEP_2009_EST&-_lang=en&-format=ST-9&-_sse=on to http://factfinder.census.gov/servlet/GCTTable?_bm=y&-geo_id=04000US25&-_box_head_nbr=GCT-T1&-ds_name=PEP_2009_EST&-_lang=en&-format=ST-9&-_sse=on
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20131207032409/http://www.census.gov/prod/cen1990/cp1/cp-1-23.pdf to http://www.census.gov/prod/cen1990/cp1/cp-1-23.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov to http://factfinder2.census.gov
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.