|This article contains a translation of Barbora_Umiastauskaitė from lt.wikipedia. (594207787 et seq.)|
English: Barbora of Žagarė
Suggestion to change title of the article (wikispeak: move page) from lithuanian-custom-name to correct English. Žagarietė is in form like person's name, indicating unmarried female, but in this case here it's not person's name but indicates place of her origin. It is correct Lithuanian custom, they also call Teresa of Avila "Avilietė", but correct English form should be Barbora of Žagarė. I do not know how to execute this technically, anybody to help here? When the move is made, I could edit the article with new name so it corresponds to it.BirgittaMTh (talk) 10:51, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- I would agree with you, but "Barbora of Žagarė" would be basically a new invention. It gets a grand total of 6 google hits. The name "Barbora Žagarietė" gets a lot more (even though majority of them are in Lithuanian). Renata (talk) 20:41, 10 January 2016 (UTC)
- When we manage (not me, sorry, bit of dumbeditor here) to correct this article's title, google total will be changed - as wiki articles get always first place by google search thingummy. Pattern. Code. And people trying to find non-lithuanian information on this girl, are slightly more likely to search Barbora+Žagare, not Žagariete. And I'd predict non-lithuanian-speaking subset of humankind slightly increasing interest in B.Ž., as there is newly translated her miracles' list into Estonian. In Estonian she is referred to as Žagarė Barbora (lith.: Žagarės Barbora) or Barbora Žagarėst (lith.: iš Žagarės); it is, true, in some sense new invention as is always when one speaks first time about someone in another language, but it cannot be helped. BirgittaMTh (talk) 11:32, 15 January 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Barbora Žagarietė. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20151222104350/http://www.llti.lt/failai/13_Raciunaites.pdf to http://www.llti.lt/failai/13_Raciunaites.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.