|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are connected to one of the subjects of this article and need help, please see this page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Actors and Filmmakers||(Rated Start-class)|
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Charley Boorman article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
- Is it really? He's a pretty useless actor, one wonders how far he would have got without the old man being who he is ;) Deizio 02:47, 2 May 2006 (UTC)
- The guy knows his way around a bike though. You can build a respectable career being a world class motorcycle riding adventure icon. rasblue 17:53, 5 May 2006 (UTC)
- Hey guys, you might be right about his Dad being a help in his acting, but have you seen The Emerald Forest? that film is amazing. I've just started a page for it as no-one else seems to have done so already. Mostly Zen 16:05, 19 May 2006 (UTC)
- He definitely looked better with no clothes in EMERALD FOREST than he looks now in his dressed parts, few as there have been.
- "He starred as Tomme in The Emerald Forest and has worked solidly in the film industry since...". Solidly ? With six apperances in the last 10 years, his Imdb entry wouldn't appear to concur, despite his bio being written by a PR agent. Maybe "intermittently" would be a more accurate, and less opinionated, description. Whenrybruce 00:43, 6 January 2007 (UTC)
By Any Means
I removed the line about this being less highly organized than his two previous journeys. This trip is very organized. They have specific times to meet certain types of transport, and the travel details were well planned in advance. 188.8.131.52 (talk) 05:44, 8 September 2008 (UTC)
Thi guy i a complete non-entity. Why does he have a page? I'm sure in a couple of years everyone will have forgotten who he is and its not like he's left some hugely important legacy. My opinion - flash-in-the-pan Z-List Celebrity nobody. Candidate for deletion? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:04, 17 October 2008 (UTC)
- WTF?? Deleting an article because you think people will have forgotten about him in a few year's time? And just where did you think we should draw the line if we started deleting pages just because someone who can't spell thinks it's a good idea? Absolute rubbish this, I say keep the article and we shouldn't even be discussing it! 220.127.116.11 (talk) 05:21, 3 January 2009 (UTC)
I note that this article states that Charlie was educated in ireland. However he was educated in England at a Quaker school in Oxfordshire. The school specialised in educating children with dislexia. Not many schools offered this kind of support back then. I know he was there because we were in the same house which ironically was named after another adventurerer ....Nansen. Charlie was in the year above me so we didn't hang out together but I think I am able to say his acting skills were pretty good as we both took part in the schools' production of the 'Pirates of Penzance'. Charlie was at ease on stage and brought something extra to the show. As for his exploits now. Charlie is easy to watch and makes you feel a part of his adventure a bit like Michael Palin used to. Also at 40 plus and with family most of us are so busy with life that we have forgotten that boyish sense of adventure we once had and Charlie refreshes that spirit within us. I think Charlie is going to be around for some time yet. —Preceding unsigned comment added by Smivy67 (talk • contribs) 09:11, 24 October 2009 (UTC)
I question the accuracy of the "born- Charley Boorman" section of his bio, because in "A Long Way Down" it is stated that he has the same middle name as the medic, Dai. Does anyone have any information about this? Pygmypony (talk) 03:50, 3 April 2015 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Charley Boorman. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080210034326/http://www.longwayround.com:80/html/lwr_dvm.html to http://www.longwayround.com/html/lwr_dvm.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080502084229/http://byanymeans.bigearth.tv:80/ to http://byanymeans.bigearth.tv/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080926102056/http://www.brightcove.tv:80/title.jsp?title=1485802815 to http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1485802815
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110226045039/http://www.dyslexiaaction.org.uk:80/livestream to http://www.dyslexiaaction.org.uk/livestream
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.