|WikiProject Canada / Quebec / Communities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Why does the article not mention French-Canadian racism and hostility to Asian Canadians; in particular, English-speaking Asians. The article says that Quebec encouraged those with deep pockets from Hong Kong to come to Quebec; who have now gone elsewhere (to other Canadian cities or back to Honk Kong). Why was Quebec residence so impermanent? I don't have any in-depth knowledge of this, so I will not edit the article.
Also, China Town's expansion was limited by the building of Complex Guy Favreux and the Convention Center. Any comments on this less than transparent attempt to limit China Town in Montreal? —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 08:34, 22 December 2006 (UTC).
There is no real major problems between the two communauties. It sounds more like quebec bashing than anything else, and original research.
- I've read somewhere that established Mainland Chinese immigrants in Canada are either returning to China or are relocating to the US for better prospects. Perhaps this migration is not really Quebec-specific, more to do with Canada in general. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 01:15, 9 December 2007 (UTC)
Requested move 2 September 2016
- Le Quartier Chinois → Chinatown, Montreal
- La Petite-Bourgogne → Little Burgundy
- Le Petit Maghreb → Little Maghreb
- Le Petit Portugal → Little Portugal, Montreal
- La Petite-Italie → Little Italy, Montreal
– These articles were moved without any discussion. Per WP:CANSTYLE, place names should reflect actual English usage. In English, these places go by the names listed above rather than the French names. In English, Chinatown is never called Le Quartier Chinois, and Little Italy is never referred to as La Petite Italie. Someone looking for info on these places in the English Wikipedia is unlikely to look for those names. The official French names can be mentioned in the lead paragraph, however, the main article title should be the common English version, if applicable. MTLskyline (talk) 02:48, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
- I am moving this request to WP:Requested moves/Technical requests#Requests to revert undiscussed moves per WP:RMUM. — 23:44, 2 September 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Chinatown, Montreal. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110202021004/http://ccccmontreal.com/ to http://ccccmontreal.com/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070326193237/http://www.restomontreal.ca/districts/montreal-chinatown.php?lang=en to http://www.restomontreal.ca/districts/montreal-chinatown.php?lang=en
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080122143712/http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/urb_demo/q-chinois/q-chinois.htm to http://www2.ville.montreal.qc.ca/urb_demo/q-chinois/q-chinois.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.