Talk:City of Darwin
|WikiProject Australia / Northern Territory||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
There is an inconsistency in the quoted area of the City of Darwin and of Greater Darwin (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darwin,_Northern_Territory). Both are quoted as 112 square kilometres. Someone is wrong: If I drive 18 kilometres north an then 40 kilometres south east, I'm still in Greater Darwin. That's already over 700 square kilometres. Darwin Harbour, which is part of Greater Darwin is seven time larger than Sydney Harbour. Is Sydney Harbour excluded from Sydney's area calculations? The new Darwin electoral division of Spillett is listed by the Australian Electoral Commission at 127 square kilometres; that is larger than the "official" 112 square kilometres for the whole of Darwin and that is only one electoral division. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 21:15, 30 May 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on City of Darwin. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110218002540/http://www.darwin.nt.gov.au/council/sister-cities to http://www.darwin.nt.gov.au/council/sister-cities
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Orphaned references in City of Darwin
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of City of Darwin's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "Census2016":
- From Town of Katherine: Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Katherine (T)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- From East Arnhem Region: Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "East Arnhem (R)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 26 November 2017.
- From Town of Alice Springs: Australian Bureau of Statistics (27 June 2017). "Alice Springs (T)". 2016 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 16 November 2017.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 20:07, 6 December 2017 (UTC)