Talk:Colfax High School (Colfax, California)
|WikiProject Schools||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject California||(Rated Start-class)|
This article could be improved if it had the following:
1) Date of school ground breaking/first class/first graduating class size.
2) Athletic leagues participated in
3) Statistics about athletic awards -- how many league championships, broken down by sport and so on
4) Maybe a section on the growth of the school, construction, etc.
5) Perhaps a discussion of where Placer county students were educated before Colfax High opened. How does the old schoolhouse in downtown Colfax fit into this history, if at all?
6) Images. Official image of the school mascot, picture of the school from overhead (or perhaps from Ben Taylor Road), picture of the stage in the new theater.
8) Image (map or satalite with overlay) of the land area served by Colfax High (also, an approximation in sq. meters).
9) Better discussion of the academic, as well as art programs. What percentage of students participate in them? What awards have they won?
10) More concrete numbers. What percentage of students play sports? How many graduate compared to how many start? What percentage go on to any college? What percentage go to Sierra College? What percentage go straight into a 4-year university program?
11) Expanded section about student media: has it caused any firings? What is the provenance of the name?
12) Expanded section about student government: unicameral, bicameral, etc? Social events; limitations on dances?
13) Teacher unionization. What percentage? Which union? Strikes past/present?
14) School song?
15) List of notable (pages written about them in wikipedia) allumni. Such as Gordy Ainsleigh - first to run the Western States 100.
16) Discussion of non-academic paths such as the ROP program and the EAST grant program.
- I graduated here and don't live too far - I could probably drive up there and get all this. --CCFreak2K (talk) 14:55, 5 November 2008 (UTC)
17) The reported graduation rate of 100% doesn't account for students who are required to transfer to 'continuation' and vocational high schools, such as Chana. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:39, 6 February 2011 (UTC)
Hey I'm invoking WP:NN on the two people listed after Gordy Ainsleigh, as neither they, nor their businesses have made it on to wikipedia elsewhere. Having also gone to the school and heard of neither before, I will argue that those people are not notable even in a local context. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:56, 17 December 2008 (UTC)
An editor tagged this article for WP:Recentism, but I removed the tag with the note that more history should be added to the article. The school was founded in 1959, and one source is here. Sincerely,
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Colfax High School (Colfax, California). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080305043506/http://www.cifsjs.org/leaguealign/leaguealign0610.html to http://www.cifsjs.org/leaguealign/leaguealign0610.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20060411210736/http://www.puhsd.k12.ca.us/colfax/ to http://www.puhsd.k12.ca.us/colfax/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.