Wikipedia talk:WikiProject California
|WikiProject California||(Rated Project-class)|
|WikiProject California was featured in a WikiProject Report in the Signpost on 8 November 2010. If you wish to get involved with the Signpost, please visit the Newsroom.|
|Threads older than 90 days may be archived by.|
See also Discussion of the WikiProject California in Spanish.
I have nominated Gwen Stefani for a featured article review here. Please join the discussion on whether this article meets featured article criteria. Articles are typically reviewed for two weeks. If substantial concerns are not addressed during the review period, the article will be moved to the Featured Article Removal Candidates list for a further period, where editors may declare "Keep" or "Delist" the article's featured status. The instructions for the review process are here. Snuggums (talk / edits) 18:57, 25 July 2016 (UTC)
Please See - Submissions
Anyone in LA?
Hey, I was wondering if there's anyone here that lives in LA that would be able to go take a picture of an art installation for me. I recently created an article for Liquid Shard and I think that the article would be much improved with an image. It's in Pershing Square and should be up until August 11, if anyone can make it up there. I live in Virginia, otherwise I'd totally go and take a picture. There are various pictures up on the Internet, but I'm not sure whether or not any of them would fall under fair use or not. It's a shame I live on the other side of the US - I'd love to see it in person since videos and pictures like this one make it seem like it'd be pretty neat. Tokyogirl79 (｡◕‿◕｡) 04:54, 9 August 2016 (UTC)
Announcing WikiConference North America in San Diego, Fri-Mon 7-10 October
I am not a regular participant to this WikiProject, so please excuse my intrusion. Still, I thought this would be of interest. Thanks RightCowLeftCoast for introducing this conference in a previous note here.
- We are accepting submissions until 31 August.
- We are accepting scholarship applications 9 August - 23 August. About 40 scholarships are available only for people in Canada, the US, and Mexico. Last year about 200 people applied for scholarships.
- More volunteers are needed. In the usual wiki-way, anyone may comment on program submissions. At the conference in person, all staff will be volunteer and all attendees are encouraged check in with conference organizers about volunteering for the task queue even for an hour. Anyone interested may contact to offer volunteer support.
- Major sponsorship for the conference comes from the San Diego Public Library who are providing the venue and a grant from the Wikimedia Foundation.
- This is the third year of this conference, with WikiConference USA being in New York in 2014 and in Washington DC in 2015. Check the schedules of those for examples of what kinds of programming will be offered this year.
Discussion about the conference on-wiki could happen at meta:WikiConference North America.
I am one of the organizers for this event. I thought that I should share this information here, as this conference includes the regional focus of this WikiProject. Thanks. Blue Rasberry (talk) 19:01, 10 August 2016 (UTC)
GA reassessment of Rachel Bilson
Rachel Bilson, an article that you or your project may be interested in, has been nominated for an individual good article reassessment. If you are interested in the discussion, please participate by adding your comments to the reassessment page. If concerns are not addressed during the review period, the good article status may be removed from the article. BlueMoonset (talk) 18:44, 4 September 2016 (UTC)
Ballot proposition articles
I have started a discussion about California ballot proposition articles at WikiProject Elections and Referendums – please do contribute if you have an opinion. Cheers, Number 57 16:57, 12 October 2016 (UTC)
Start a usergroup in San Diego?
You are invited to join the discussion at Wikipedia talk:Meetup/San Diego#Late October 2016 meetup . RightCowLeftCoast (talk) 02:59, 14 October 2016 (UTC)