|WikiProject Ireland||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
Ballynahinch is not a bloody town! It ain't even a village!
- This is a slight problem we have for a few small locations in Ireland (smaller than true towns, or indeed villages) that have articles on Wikipedia. In order that people find the articles, we've used the term "town" in its broadest sense, to encompass actual towns as well as villages and "townlands".
- The issue has arisen before at Wikipedia:Irish Wikipedians' notice board, but if you would like the issue revisited, perhaps you should comment on that page.
- zoney ♣ talk 16:00, 27 Jan 2005 (UTC)
The history section says: "The first inhabitants in the Galway are arrived there over 7000 years ago. Shell middens tell us about the existence of people as early as 5000 BC."
- Sorry - please ignore - I never knew the word midden before - ah well.. Cormaggio @ 14:03, 19 July 2006 (UTC)
Corrandulla and Bunnahevna should be added to the settlements list. Badagnani 02:51, 27 March 2007 (UTC)
Fauna and Flora
Can someone explain the significance of the contents of this section please? Freegan 01:14, 27 July 2007 (UTC)
The new lead
The statement in the new lead which was inserted into the county articles is completely misleading; County Galway is one of the 32 traditional counties - yes. But the traditional county is not co-locational with modern Galway County Council. Sarah777 (talk) 12:34, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
Take it to WikiProject Ireland.I'll do it for you even, have a question about it myself. Mabuska (talk) 13:01, 9 April 2011 (UTC)
- Before starting an edit war with user Sarah777, I thought that I'd post here first. She has deleted the following phrase from the lead: " is one of the administrative counties of the Republic of Ireland and ". I believe that this phrase has the consensus of WikiProject Ireland. I'd like to know why it has bee removed. Laurel Lodged (talk) 22:17, 12 June 2011 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on County Galway. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110417182520/http://beyond2020.cso.ie:80/Census/TableViewer/tableView.aspx?ReportId=75467 to http://beyond2020.cso.ie/Census/TableViewer/tableView.aspx?ReportId=75467
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120217095720/http://www.nisranew.nisra.gov.uk/census to http://www.nisranew.nisra.gov.uk/census
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.