Talk:Cryogenic rocket engine
|WikiProject Rocketry||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Spaceflight||(Rated Start-class)|
Merge with Liquid-propellant rocket
- I've fixed this redirect. Yes, there is a little redundancy in the contents of Liquid-propellant rocket and Cryogenic rocket engine, but not enough to merge (my opinion). --Kubanczyk (talk) 22:36, 17 April 2010 (UTC)
Not only has India developed its indigenous cryogenic engine it is one of the most efficient engines of its class in the world as far as specific impulse is concerned.
Article scope is unclear
Question about article scope. The article is about cryogenic rocket engines, at least as far as its title is concerned, but never defines its terms.
- Are we talking only about LH2/LOX engines? (as this seems to be the major focus of the article)
- What about cryogenic oxidizer but non-cryogenic fuel (like RP-1/LOX rocket engines? Seems that they are cryogenic too, but not represented in the article.
- What about non-governmental cryogenic engines, like the SpaceX Raptor Liquid methane/LOX engine now in development? ... or the SpaceX Merlin rocket engines currently flying, and currently in their third generation of engine model? I realize that 95%+ of all rocket engine development efforts to date are governmental programs and government funded, but not all of them are. What should this article be about?
In my view, it is necessary to define our terms, and then editors can help improve the article by editing it over time to better cover that topic scoope. Cheers. N2e (talk) 21:03, 7 January 2014 (UTC)
- I don't know what government has to do with any of this, since all engines are built by private companies, not governments. But, generally, cryogenic refers to LH2-LOX while semi-cryogenic refers to LOX-RP1, LOX-ethanol or LOX-liquid methane, but no article has yet been created for semi-cryogenic engines. AnythingCouldHappen (talk) 06:58, 11 July 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Cryogenic rocket engine. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120204144940/http://www.astronautix.com/engines/rl10b2.htm to http://www.astronautix.com/engines/rl10b2.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.