|Dye has been listed as a level-4 vital article in Technology. If you can improve it, please do. This article has been rated as C-Class.|
|WikiProject Textile Arts||(Rated C-class, Top-importance)|
- Possible source here.
There's no good definition of affinity on the affinity page that strictly matches the use of affinity in this article. Someone who knows the subject better should fix the link, with or without adding a new affinity (something) article.
- dunno, but most of them are.
- why man-made - i presume man made is - manufactured from start / from basic level - instead of extracting from some natural thing (plant, fruit, flower , insect etc) - javad (talk) 17:48, 11 April 2008 (UTC)
- Somebody needs to decide what the hell "organic" means in the context of this article. The most common "organic" substances used in every-day life are organic foods, meaning that they are produced naturally without any synthetic or artificial fertilizers, pesticides, etc. This article seems to be implying that an "organic dye" is one that is produced from once-living materials, but most people upon hearing the term "organic dye" would immediately think of natural dyes such as those derived from blueberries, not of somebody taking woad leaves and pouring HCl on them or something along those lines. Article needs to either explain itself to the laymen or be rewritten in a commonly legible manner. In fact, since organic dyes take up about half of the article, this should probably be split and have more elaboration put into it somehow. --126.96.36.199 (talk) 17:31, 19 April 2009 (UTC)
Whats the difference between a pigment and a dye?
Please answer in 1 paragraph. (Its for my grade 9 science project and I need to know please. I will cite this page on my project (im not gonna plagiarize) :-) thanx.--[[User:Storkian|Storkian] 00:19, 24 November 2006 (UTC)
- please give me an example of the abstract of dye —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:42, 25 September 2007 (UTC)
Dyes vs. Pigments In Digital Printing
Would be great to have some comments on what kinds of dyes are used in ink jet based printers, and what specific properties of dyes make them less color-fast in this application.—Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:09, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
This article is poorly written. It contains too many words that most people won't be able to understand. Wikipedia should be a place where everyone can easily learn, not a place for snobs to show off their intellectual prowess. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 17:58, 29 February 2008 (UTC)
Dye goes to genes?
Some people say that if a person dyes his hair to say,red,and then gives birth,he or she will also have red dyed hair.Is this true?It seems unlikely to me but id like to know.--Jaffaceksi (talk) 13:57, 29 June 2010 (UTC)
- Nope. Somebody's hoaxing you. --Redrose64 (talk) 16:41, 29 June 2010 (UTC)You are ridiculous and you need to understand nerds are part of the world asshole.