|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Elonex ONE article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Computing / Hardware||(Rated B-class, Low-importance)|
any info about the "LNX Code 8 Mobile 300MHz Processor" ?
- Elonex are being secretive about this one :) more about the specification will become public as they move nearer to the delivery date. --Brian R Hunter (talk) 13:06, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
- The model shown at the NEC was a re-badged A-View or AW-300, this uses a Aday5F. --Brian R Hunter (talk) 22:10, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
The operating system is debian based, I think the "Linos" thing may be a typo, I can't find anything about that distribution and the version number looks very much like a Linux kernel version number.126.96.36.199 (talk) 08:31, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
- You could be right about the typo. My guess is that it is what they are calling their version of Linux. And I saw somewhere a mention of debian too. Until it becomes clearer I suggest we stick with the form of words I put on the main article The ONE's operating system is called Linos, based on Linux kernel 2.6.21. --Brian R Hunter (talk) 13:11, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
Review and pictures
I went to the launch and did a review of the system comparing it to the OLPC XO and Asus EeePC and took some photos, feel free to incorporate any of the text and photos as appropriate within the original research guidelines []188.8.131.52 (talk) 08:36, 7 March 2008 (UTC)
- Thanks for the useful comments and info, please feel free to add to the article yourself. As for images; it would be best for you to upload from the original. You will need to state the licence which should not be a problem if you own the copyright.
- Also, why not register on wikipedia so that you become a person rather than an IP address?
- Let me know if you need any wiki help
Future Product or already on Sale?
I have added back the future product tag as it is not currently available, hence the lack of detailed information. The company is taking advanced reservations for a £10 deposit, with expected delivery in June 2008. Customers placing an advance order will be higher in the queue for the product once it starts shipping. --Brian R Hunter (talk) 11:46, 9 March 2008 (UTC)
I propose that LNX Code 8 be merged into Elonex ONE. The LNX Code-8 processor appears to only have been used in Elonex ONE. The small amount of information gathered about the processor could easily be integrated into the Elonex ONE page. --Daniel Dunér (talk) 10:31, 23 April 2013 (UTC)