|WikiProject Greater Manchester||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
- I believe that this debate has already happened (see Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Manchester_councillors). Have a read of that - as such the articles should not be merged and I have removed your merge tags. Thanks. Thegraham 07:37, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
- That's no reason for removing the tag. I read the debate you referred to before nominating councillors. The debate you refered to was of a job lot and the no concensus was reached because some of the councillors were notable. Also you should not remove a merger tag - this is not a prod. A very similar debate was had on Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Abid Chohan. That was delete. I will reinsert the merge tag. Thanks. JASpencer 09:19, 30 September 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with JASpencer - outwith Fallowfield Councillor Amesbury has no independent worth.
Wilkins isn't even a councillor anymore. He is completely irrelevant.
Wilkins certainly shouldn't be merged with with Fallowfield as he no longer has any connection with the place. M Rathfelder 27/1/07
- I listed John-Paul Wilkins for deletion on grounds of non-notability.
- The remaining two (current) councillor's articles in question have had merge-tags on for several months now, and judging by the comments here there is little opposal. I propose to perform these merges in one week's time (February 6) unless there are objections. --David Edgar 17:59, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- This has now been done. --David Edgar 17:56, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
Shall we have a separate section for Ladybarn? I know it sometimes causes confusion for people, as it seems to be on the boundaries of many different areas - Withington, Fallowfield and Burnage.
Ladybarn is not a ward for electoral purposes and most of the area is in Withington Ward. M Rathfelder
Beck - Derelict
Beck Lyrics: Fallowfield is mentioned in the Beck song Derelict on the album Odelay.
- Not according to the lyrics I can see at http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Beck/Derelict.html --David Edgar 11:45, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
Not one to kick up a fuss, but Barm cake sees frequent use in Blackpool, which last time I checked was a fair way closer to the North Pole than Fallowfield! Indeed, I have never heard "Muffin" used colloquially anywhere in the north to describe a bread product.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the reference to the barmcake/muffin is pretty difficult to substantiate as fact :) Slipdigby 00:23, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
- In the absence of any reference to such usage, I removed the mention of Barm Cakes from the article. --David Edgar 11:25, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
This may provide details: Scholefield, R. A. (2004), "Moving Manchester": Manchester's early airfields, an extensive chapter, pages 210-229, Lancashire & Cheshire Antiquarian Society, ISSN 0950-4699 There is a Yoxall Road in Fallowfield which may be near the site.--Felix Folio Secundus (talk) 19:03, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
McDonalds in Fallowfield
Fallowfield McDonalds was the first drive thru in the UK
http://www.caterersearch.com/Companies/33902/mcdonalds-restaurants-ltd.html — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 10:35, 3 June 2012 (UTC)