|WikiProject Greater Manchester||(Rated C-class, Low-importance)|
- I believe that this debate has already happened (see Wikipedia:Articles_for_deletion/Manchester_councillors). Have a read of that - as such the articles should not be merged and I have removed your merge tags. Thanks. Thegraham 07:37, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
- That's no reason for removing the tag. I read the debate you referred to before nominating councillors. The debate you refered to was of a job lot and the no concensus was reached because some of the councillors were notable. Also you should not remove a merger tag - this is not a prod. A very similar debate was had on Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Abid Chohan. That was delete. I will reinsert the merge tag. Thanks. JASpencer 09:19, 30 September 2006 (UTC)
- I agree with JASpencer - outwith Fallowfield Councillor Amesbury has no independent worth.
Wilkins isn't even a councillor anymore. He is completely irrelevant.
Wilkins certainly shouldn't be merged with with Fallowfield as he no longer has any connection with the place. M Rathfelder 27/1/07
- I listed John-Paul Wilkins for deletion on grounds of non-notability.
- The remaining two (current) councillor's articles in question have had merge-tags on for several months now, and judging by the comments here there is little opposal. I propose to perform these merges in one week's time (February 6) unless there are objections. --David Edgar 17:59, 30 January 2007 (UTC)
- This has now been done. --David Edgar 17:56, 6 February 2007 (UTC)
Shall we have a separate section for Ladybarn? I know it sometimes causes confusion for people, as it seems to be on the boundaries of many different areas - Withington, Fallowfield and Burnage.
Ladybarn is not a ward for electoral purposes and most of the area is in Withington Ward. M Rathfelder
Beck - Derelict
Beck Lyrics: Fallowfield is mentioned in the Beck song Derelict on the album Odelay.
- Not according to the lyrics I can see at http://www.seeklyrics.com/lyrics/Beck/Derelict.html --David Edgar 11:45, 6 November 2006 (UTC)
Not one to kick up a fuss, but Barm cake sees frequent use in Blackpool, which last time I checked was a fair way closer to the North Pole than Fallowfield! Indeed, I have never heard "Muffin" used colloquially anywhere in the north to describe a bread product.
Regardless, I'm pretty sure that the reference to the barmcake/muffin is pretty difficult to substantiate as fact :) Slipdigby 00:23, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
- In the absence of any reference to such usage, I removed the mention of Barm Cakes from the article. --David Edgar 11:25, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
This may provide details: Scholefield, R. A. (2004), "Moving Manchester": Manchester's early airfields, an extensive chapter, pages 210-229, Lancashire & Cheshire Antiquarian Society, ISSN 0950-4699 There is a Yoxall Road in Fallowfield which may be near the site.--Felix Folio Secundus (talk) 19:03, 14 September 2009 (UTC)
McDonalds in Fallowfield
Fallowfield McDonalds was the first drive thru in the UK
http://www.caterersearch.com/Companies/33902/mcdonalds-restaurants-ltd.html — Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 10:35, 3 June 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Fallowfield. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070608042822/http://www.manchester.gov.uk:80/localdemocracy/councillors/fallowfield.htm to http://www.manchester.gov.uk/localdemocracy/councillors/fallowfield.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.