|WikiProject Business||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Brands||(Rated Start-class)|
Discussion from former talk page of Garnier Fructis. For the June 2005 deletion debate on this article, see Wikipedia:Votes for deletion/Garnier Fructis.
hey!! whoever put the article up for dispute- what's the issue? any issues, just post it here. thanks
Let's start with "most effective". Where's the research to back that up. --Xcali 06:49, 11 Jun 2005 (UTC)
sure it might need major revision, but it's just a start!! i'm kind of new to the scene and just wanna help :(
- We welcome your help, and you might want to continue by registering an account. The goal of Wikipedia is to create an unbiased encyclopedia - to that end, Garnier Fructis is important to include, but such terms as "best" and "most effective" are considered POV - that is, they have a particular point of view, an opinion, as opposed to being factual. We strive to have a neutral point of view in all articles, as much as possible. --FCYTravis 07:08, 11 Jun 2005 (UTC)
I'm NOT the one who put it into dispute but I guess it's because it's commercial and unencyclopedic.Qwertzy2 06:49, 11 Jun 2005 (UTC)
Removed non-neutral content
I edited the page to make it NPOV. Below is the content that was removed. As can be seen, most it was claims from the company, some of which was almost word-for-word from the company's site:
- Garnier Fructis produces hair products that are most effective to date. They are sold worldwide and one of their key ingredients is fruit concentrate, of which they insert into all their products. Fructis is in fact a chemical which was adopted by Garnier because their R&D team found that fruit concentrate is essential to good hair.
- Many people have tried the products and many suggest that 'a lot of products you see on TV show models who use other products which you don't know about, but these Fructis products really work!'
- Garnier invented the first fortifying hair shampoos and conditioners which were different to any other hair product because of its superb smooth result.
- Preceding 10 years of research, adventure into finding empowering ingredients, they discovered sensational active ingredients naturally present in fruit. Garnier's first ever fortifying hair care range with Active Fruit Concentrate allows you to say good bye to bad hair days and gives you hair that shines!
- Garnier products are made in France. They work with fruit micro-waxes which give you long-lasting hold and shine without stickiness or build-up.
Epolk 07:45, Jun 11, 2005 (UTC)
The name of the company is Garnier and Fructis is the name of a range of products. Let's make that clear. It is part of L'Oréal, and they state GARNIER not the advertisment name Fructis. So can an administrator move the page please? — ēmpoor! 17:41, 19 September 2005 (UTC)
- I agree wholeheartedly. Fructis is just a line by Garnier, it's not the whole company. Can some-one please do something?Le Grey Intellectual 17:05, 13 March 2006 (UTC)
the advertising says it makes hair three times as strong what does it do to keratin to accomplish this does it work on fingernails or other keratin materials (23 November 2011 188.8.131.52)
- I have left these comments as a reminder that we cannot answer such questions here. If someone can find independent sources which have information on Garnier and other hair care/skin care products, and their mechanisms for working, either add the info here, or add links to the articles on the ingredients found in the products. this talk page is for discussing improvements of the article only, and is not a forum for people to air their personal experiences of the products. These questions do show an area for research to expand the article (products and claims).Mercurywoodrose (talk) 05:26, 1 April 2012 (UTC)