Talk:George Dyson (science historian)
|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography / Science and Academia||(Rated Start-class)|
I read George Dyson was arrested at one point in time for involvement in a Marijuana smuggling operation. Is that verifiable and should it be on the page? 22.214.171.124 (talk) 02:45, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
- Only on "suspicion of". Not really a notable event in his life at all, and especially unnecessary given the stub size of this article (would imply relevance, inaccurately). If he volunteers the fact that he smokes anywhere else citable, that might be notable enough to include...? 126.96.36.199 (talk) 06:45, 16 March 2008 (UTC)
- He was smuggling marijuana by ship in bulk at 15? I find that somewhat difficult to believe. TastyCakes (talk) 15:15, 28 January 2009 (UTC)
- Read his biography, "The Starship and the Canoe"... it's in there. No ships. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 16:34, 28 October 2010 (UTC)
I am surprised to see the categories at the bottom of the page listing George among other "British science writers." His father Freeman Dyson is introduced as "British-born American," and I believe George was raised in New Jersey, where his father taught at Princeton. The last I knew of him, he was living and teaching in Bellingham, Washington, and as the article notes, he spent quite a lot of time in Vancouver, Canada. I doubt that the British would mind very much claiming him as one of their own, but does anyone know what passport he actually carries? He seems pretty North American. lupa (talk) 06:17, 19 October 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on George Dyson (science historian). Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140113065602/http://computerage-onthesamepage.berkeley.edu:80/ to http://computerage-onthesamepage.berkeley.edu/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.