|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the GlusterFS article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Computing / Networking / Software||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
GlusterFS is a software project, not a "product or service"
I don't know whether this affects the "notability" discussion or not, but GlusterFS is a open source software project, not a product or a service.
In this respect it is similar to Linux. GlusterFS is offered as a product by Gluster, Inc., and is strongly associated with Gluster, Inc., just as Linux is offered as a product by Redhat and Novell (via the SUSE_Linux_distributions). Like Linux, that doesn't make GluserFS inseparable from Gluster, Inc. See http://www.gluster.org for some information on the "Gluster Community".
GlusterFS vs. Oracle Lustre file system?
If I understand correctly, there is absolutely no relationship between GlusterFS and the "Oracle Lustre file system", despite the fact that they are similarly named. Can someone please confirm that this is true, and add some clarification to this article? Gigglesworth (talk) 18:43, 5 October 2011 (UTC)
Added release version information with dates, but it has been reverted. I wonder why "version - date" is not useful (or against the rules). But pushing a revert button probably is easier, than to add more info, to get it better fit the rules. Just a random thoughts. You can revert it too. 22.214.171.124 (talk) 14:57, 22 December 2014 (UTC)
- Hello! Basically, listing only the versions and their release dates has little encyclopedic value; it would have been completely different if each version line also included its highlights, such as the new features it brought etc. — Dsimic (talk | contribs) 21:37, 24 December 2014 (UTC)
- so putting it here, i believe it will be useful, if not for you, but for other people (feel free to add more features and add it back to main page, pressing revert/undo button is not constructive). See as well What are the Red Hat Gluster Storage releases. 126.96.36.199 (talk) 14:33, 17 February 2015 (UTC)
Release history: * 3.2.0, 5 May 2011 * 3.3.0, 30 May 2012, release of RHS 2.0 (2012-06-26) * 3.4.0, 12 Jul 2013, release of RHSS 2.1 (2013-09-16) * 3.5.0, 1 May 2014 * 3.6.0, 31 Oct 2014, release of RHSS 3.0 (2014-09-22) * 3.7.0, 14 May 2015, https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/release-3.7/doc/release-notes/3.7.0.md
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on GlusterFS. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150402165836/http://app.engage.redhat.com/e/es.aspx?s=1795&e=556851 to http://app.engage.redhat.com/e/es.aspx?s=1795&e=556851
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.