Talk:Guns N' Roses
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Guns N' Roses article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7|
The rationale behind the request is: "Influential band inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and one of the best selling artists of all time.".
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Guns N' Roses received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
Corrections / Sources Re: Reunion
It should be noted in that on April 1st, at the Troubadour for the "warmup" gig, classic lineup drummer Steven Adler was scheduled to perform with the band and could not make the gig due to a back injury that was first reported by the L.A. Weekly on April 2nd and verified by several sources, including Adler.
In addition, the L.A. Weekly was the only media outlet to review the warmup gig at the Troubadour on April 1st and their review should be included here for the historical record, which is also the first piece to report on Axl Rose's ankle injury, Adler's injured back, and Melissa Reese.
Dance Music and Glam Metal?
I am not sure if adding a "[according to whom?]" tag was the right way to deal with it, but there is a questionable statement in the intro: i.e., "Guns N' Roses has been credited[according to whom?] with reviving the mainstream popularity of rock 'n' roll, at a time when popular music was dominated by dance music and glam metal." We see sweeping statemnts like this a lot in rock band's articles, evidently because there is a common but erroneous belief that at any time exactly two genres dominate the music scene to the exclusion of all others. If you actually go back and look at what topped the charts circa 1988 or so, you don't necessarily see a lot of glam metal, and in any case Guns N' Roses themselves could be classified as glam metal. Timothy Horrigan (talk) 21:15, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
- That was taken directly — probably paraphrased a bit too closely — from the source, which was Rolling Stone if I recall correctly. Feel free to cut it if you think that's best. Prayer for the wild at heart (talk) 21:49, 24 April 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 6 external links on Guns N' Roses. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20091208190634/http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/biographies/guns-n-roses.html to http://www.thebiographychannel.co.uk/biographies/guns-n-roses.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://gc.guitarcenter.com/interview/mike-clink/
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.jussitegelman.com/jussitegelman.com/Bio.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.eonline.com/gossip/planetgossip/detail/index.jsp?uuid=2ec9c617-6394-40e3-bd9e-29cd304270b5%2F
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110312080829/http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147720 to http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=147720
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.variety.com/article/VR116266.html?categoryid=16&cs=1
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.