Talk:Guns N' Roses
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Guns N' Roses article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|Archives: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7|
The rationale behind the request is: "Influential band inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and one of the best selling artists of all time.".
|Guns N' Roses was a Music good articles nominee, but did not meet the good article criteria at the time. There are suggestions below for improving the article. Once these issues have been addressed, the article can be renominated. Editors may also seek a reassessment of the decision if they believe there was a mistake.|
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
|Guns N' Roses received a peer review by Wikipedia editors, which is now archived. It may contain ideas you can use to improve this article.|
Has Tommy Stinson left?
I apologize if I've missed a media article confirming this (please correct me if I'm wrong), but do we know for certain that Tommy Stinson has left the band? Yes Duff McKagan has been brought back into the fold for the reunion show (and perhaps further shows down the line if it gets to that) but is this the new official lineup of the band or just a 'reunion' (if it can be called that) lineup? Are Duff and Slash in it for the duration? So far I haven't seen anything in the media that suggests this is a more permanent arrangement and I certainly haven't seen the words 'Tommy Stinson out of GNR' anywhere. Thank you. Regards, 18.104.22.168 (talk) 15:17, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
Various people have been going through and changing this article to make this "reunion" lineup the official member list, and I am against these changes until more is known. All we really now is that Slash and McKagan are set to reunite with the band for Coachella, and they have stated that they'd like to do a reunion tour. I don't think this makes them "members" nor the other guys "former members". This could all blow up during Coachella and we'll never hear of it again. I'd like to wait for official statements that this is a permanent lineup before making such changes. Thoughts? --Spike Wilbury (talk) 19:54, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
- I think that them coming back for a reunion tour qualifies as them being members. And the only one who is being considered a former member is Tommy Stinson (Which I definitely hear where you're coming from) but I think that his removal and the inclusion of Slash and McKagan is really the most accurate option. — DLManiac (talk) 20:24, 7 January 2016 (UTC)
Do you really think Melissa Reese is an OFFICAL Band Member ??? There is no word that Pitman is out ..
I would second this.. If Melissa is an official member, then what about all the other backing musicans thay had on the UYI tours?.. somebody with an account should fix her to be under the category "touring member"
What constitutes a touring member or an official member? How is Melissa any more or less of touring member than Frank or Richard? Gilbey and Matt were only ever touring members according to Axl...
- When they are confirmed by the band as a full member they are an official member, and not just a backing musican for live performances.. in a sense she doesnt add anything to the band, that Teddy Zig Zag Andreas didn't add to the band during the Use Your Illusion Tour.. and he was NEVER conscidered a real part of the band, but a touring member.
- Where is the source confirming Frank is an actual member? I think he is one but I can't find anything to link to any more than I can for Melissa. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2600:8804:8840:115B:64F0:570E:9726:883D (talk) 14:09, 9 April 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Guns N' Roses. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.heretodaygonetohell.com/misc/recordingsessions.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120108195231/http://www.guitarworld.com/zakk-wylde-what-guns-n-roses-would-have-sounded-if-he-had-joined to http://www.guitarworld.com/zakk-wylde-what-guns-n-roses-would-have-sounded-if-he-had-joined
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150505092622/http://gawker.com/5954050/axl-rose-performed-at-bridge-school-but-guns-n-roses-is-still-a-fresh-corpse-this-morning to http://gawker.com/5954050/axl-rose-performed-at-bridge-school-but-guns-n-roses-is-still-a-fresh-corpse-this-morning
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked