|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Hastings Cutoff article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject United States / American Old West / Utah||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Historic sites||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
I'm still new at this; let me know if I've violated any policies. I've generally wikified this and improved the grammar and spelling, but I'll leave the copy-edit tag in case there's something I've missed.
One thing I don't understand: is "cutoff" an American or archaic word for "shortcut"? It's not a word I would normally use; there is no Wiktionary entry for it; and the Wikipedia entry refers to a term in physics. Clarification would be helpful! Aholcombe 05:57, 15 Jun 2005 (UTC)
- "Cutoff" is a 19th century term for "shortcut" and is frequently encountered in trail literature.
- —Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk • contribs) 00:09, October 24, 2006
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Hastings Cutoff. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130204045518/http://nvshpo.org/home-topmenu-17-17/historical-markers.html to http://nvshpo.org/home-topmenu-17-17/historical-markers.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.