Talk:Help Us—Save Us—Take Us Away
|WikiProject Industrial||(Rated Stub-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Songs||(Rated Stub-class)|
Slashes vs Dashes
The official KMFDM page claims both slashes and dashes for this song. Slashes here and here, and dashes here. Either of these could be used to justify either version, as both are "official". Amazon and Allmusic both show spaces, and I don't think spaces are correct. The original and reissue of Money shows slashes on the tracklist, as does the Extra 2 tracklist. The original single shows dashes for both the title of the single and the titles of the songs.
I think each page should show what the release (and its corresponding KMFDM discography page) actually shows. So on this here page, dashes are how it should be shown, and links to this page in chronologies and discographies should show dashes, but the song itself, when listed on Money (album) and Extra, Vol. 2, should have the slashes as originally shown on those releases. Each page could have the applicable reference added for the name. MrMoustacheMM (talk) 01:58, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
- Ugh, what a mess. I'd prefer them all to match, but it's reasonable to have them reflect the way they are actually displayed on each release also. Go ahead and make the pertinent changes.Torchiest (talk) 02:39, 20 February 2010 (UTC)
- I agree with Torchiest. I put the dashes because that is how it is on the 1992 release of the album, not the Extra release. It is important to be true to the 1992 information. The mixes on many of the singles are slightly different and slightly different in length. I gave the example of Brute (Original Album-Mix). On the single, it contains the extra sound at the end for the transition to the song Trust, however on Extra, this sound is removed. If we are talking about the 1992 release, we should write it how it appears on the album in 1992, not a new mix/edit of the song (Yes I know most of them are the same mix/edits, but not all are). Thanks. Incredibly Obese Black Man (talk) 07:01 6 September 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Help Us—Save Us—Take Us Away. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110927082450/http://www.kmfdm.net/discography/singles/helpus.htm to http://www.kmfdm.net/discography/singles/helpus.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.