|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject United States / Massachusetts||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
I doubt the validity of the following statement: "Today, Lake Winthrop offers...instant death from extreme pollution for those who attempt to swim in this once serene setting." It either needs to be edited if false, or cited if factual.--Fix4truth (talk) 22:24, 1 December 2008 (UTC)
The section on 'Holliston today' really reads like a travel brochure and not an encyclopedic article. The fact that the reference comes from a piece of marketing literture for a builder doesn't really give this section factual credence. The recreational activities list could be moved to a Points of interest section, but much of the bias-laden material should be deleted. How can we better organize this information to fit the standard Wikipedia format? --Dalmatian Mommy 15:07, 21 March 2007 (UTC)
I'm not going to engage in the change war over 'affluent', but the demographic statistics, to the degree that they are reliable, prove that 'affluent' is not an opinion when applied to Holliston. NoNonsenseHumJock (talk) 16:16, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
NoNonsenseHumJock - Curious what statistic you are referencing to 'prove' affluence? 'Affluent' as compared to whom? Above national median income? Regional? Other similar towns in similar MSAs? Is 'affluence' determined by property values? Spending/consumption? Percentage of population at or below poverty? Let's just try to keep it to facts here as much as we can, update them when possible, and leave it to the reader to form their own opinion. That's the point of an encyclopedia, and certianly the spirit of any neutral source. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 18:58, 17 January 2010 (UTC)
Two girls one cup hill obviously needs to be removed
The town was named after Thomas Hollis and incorporated in 1724, but the Thomas Hollis here links to a man born in 1720? —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 00:49, 10 June 2009 (UTC)
Demographics Messed Up
Recent updates are unsourced and inconsistent. Median incomes are from several different years and don't make sense together. Educational attainment is unsourced. NoNonsenseHumJock (talk) 02:02, 2 August 2009 (UTC)
Kevin Systrom should be added to the list. Co-creator of Instagram, just sold the company to Facebook for $1 billion. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 18:58, 10 April 2012 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Holliston, Massachusetts. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080404033909/http://www.salemdeeds.com/atlases_results.asp?ImageType=index&atlastype=MassWorld&atlastown=&atlas=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&atlas_desc=MASSACHUSETTS+1871 to http://www.salemdeeds.com/atlases_results.asp?ImageType=index&atlastype=MassWorld&atlastown=&atlas=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&atlas_desc=MASSACHUSETTS+1871
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080404035120/http://www.salemdeeds.com/atlases_pages.asp?ImageName=PAGE_0010_0011.jpg&atlastype=MassWorld&atlastown=&atlas=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&atlas_desc=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&pageprefix= to http://www.salemdeeds.com/atlases_pages.asp?ImageName=PAGE_0010_0011.jpg&atlastype=MassWorld&atlastown=&atlas=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&atlas_desc=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&pageprefix=
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080404034546/http://www.salemdeeds.com/atlases_pages.asp?ImageName=PAGE_0044_0045.jpg&atlastype=MassWorld&atlastown=&atlas=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&atlas_desc=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&pageprefix= to http://www.salemdeeds.com/atlases_pages.asp?ImageName=PAGE_0044_0045.jpg&atlastype=MassWorld&atlastown=&atlas=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&atlas_desc=MASSACHUSETTS+1871&pageprefix=
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.