Talk:Index of Australia-related articles
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|This page was nominated for deletion on 2007-04-25. The result of the discussion was Keep.|
|WikiProject Australia||(Rated List-class)|
This sort of list with no extra content can be replaced by a (hierarchy) of categories, can't it? If not, what level of Australian articles should be included? E.g. States, State Capitals, iconic fauna, iconic flaura, ...
- I think list articles like this are a good example of the kind of article that should be replaced with categories - see Category:Australia. -- Chuq 03:04, 3 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- I agree with you. IMHO the effective removal of Category:Australian MHRs is deference to Members of the Australian House of Representatives, 2001-2004 or Members of the Australian House of Representatives, 2004-2007, etc, seems to be a reduction in Wikipedia functionality.
- IMHO each past and present MHR (that has an entry) should should be in the MHRs category, and the category page should point to the list page, which is are useful pages, but serve a different purpose to categories, which are effectively indexes.
- Otherwise, to provide similar functionality, every MHR page needs a See also pointing to their relevant list page, which seems silly to me.
- BTW I tried to locate the previous Reference desk discussion regarding this topic pointed to from Category_talk:Australian MHRs but didn't find it. (Google only finds Talk:John Howard#Category.) Any one have a working link to it?
- Mark Hurd 12:12, 3 Nov 2004 (UTC)
- I added a new link to that talk page with a pointer to the discussion -- Chuq 23:39, 4 Nov 2004 (UTC)