Talk:Island Park, New York
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
You should start posting scheduels and events, like the Island Park Swimming Races, because I dont think Island Park even has a WEBSITE!!
you would be right, cant really do that on a article tho Cherokee40 20:19, 1 November 2007 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Island Park, New York. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://archive.is/20160602200744/http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2015/SUB-EST2015.html to http://www.census.gov/popest/data/cities/totals/2015/SUB-EST2015.html
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6YSasqtfX?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.census.gov%2Fprod%2Fwww%2Fdecennial.html to http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.
Unsourced material removal
The article has been tagged since 2009 as lacking sources. The lede, Demographics section and Notable residents sections have sourcing. Nothing else does. A good portion of those other sections - maybe all them, except some minor edits - were written by a single editor,. Some of his/her material is accurate, but not all of it. I propose that some sections that are difficult to validate e removed:
- The P.T. Barnum myth
- Development of Island Park
- Sense of community
Of course, it would be better to simply find the verifications and only remove that which could not be verified, but I suggest this is unlikely to occur given the time that has passed without fixing and the sifficulty verifying the information (and then weeding out individual items). Dovid (talk) 15:30, 4 May 2017 (UTC)