|This article must adhere to the biographies of living persons (BLP) policy, even if it is not a biography, because it contains material about living persons. Contentious material about living persons that is unsourced or poorly sourced must be removed immediately from the article and its talk page, especially if potentially libellous. If such material is repeatedly inserted, or if you have other concerns, please report the issue to . If you are a subject of this article, or acting on behalf of one, and you need help, please see this help page.|
|WikiProject Biography||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Magic||(Rated Start-class)|
- Hi, here on Wikipedia you are encouraged to be bold and edit the page yourself if you feel the article abuses our policy on promotion. I didn't edit any of it because none of it looked like blatant spam. It is also pretty well sourced to reliable sources, and it is generally frowned upon to remove sourced material that is directly about the subject of the article. If you disagree with my assessment feel free to edit the article for a more neutral balance. ThemFromSpace 04:40, 3 December 2009 (UTC)
This is the part that sounds like self promotion "Part mystery, part coming-of-age story, part demonstration of the finer arts of trickery, Lying Cheating Bastard is the story of Jimmy's induction into the murky world of gangsters and grifters. Featuring close-up projection of Jimmy's card scams live on stage, James Galea performs astonishing feats of skill with cards and sleight of hand to match."
- Ok, I agree with you. I've removed that line because it does sound overly promotional. ThemFromSpace 20:07, 4 December 2009 (UTC)
This part: "Taken under the wing of a professional conman, it was not until recently that Galea discovered that what he was learning as magic his mentor was using to cheat people out of money in high-stakes poker games. " Would come as a very great surprise to all of the magicians who long knew Galea as a kid attending magic clubs and conventions. It is fashionable to write in some bunkum about being connected to conmen (c.f. R.Paul Wilson) but it is tedious and only fools laymen, hence it is PR bumf. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 12:57, 5 November 2012 (UTC)
I have cleaned up this article to accord, somewhat, with WP:MoS. It still needs lots more work. Perhaps this will develop into a good article in time (maybe in five years time) as the subject becomes older, and if they achive any sort of international recognitionbut at the moment he is just starting a career, with a few credits to his name. The citations could benefit form proper formatting as per WP:CITE. Jezhotwells (talk) 08:36, 8 December 2009 (UTC)
The "trick" with the linked hands? The video on his site does not include the crucial moment where he turns one of his hands around, pretending to some tell some "mate" who didn't follow the instructions.
In addition, his card trick is OLD. Bill Malone has performed "Sam the Bellhop", an identical trick, for a long time already. Just because Galea created a new story, but used the same tricks doesn't make it a new trick.
IRRELEVANT LINKS - Should they be removed or shifted?
References 11 & 12 neither validate that Galea was on the TV show for the Comedy Show nor that his 673 King trick won an award. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 01:39, 22 March 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on James Galea. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090918201936/http://www.anewleaf.com.au/2009/04/08/james-galea-i-hate-rabbits/ to http://www.anewleaf.com.au/2009/04/08/james-galea-i-hate-rabbits/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090404003807/http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/season/2009/show/james-galea-i-hate-rabbits/ to http://www.comedyfestival.com.au/season/2009/show/james-galea-i-hate-rabbits/
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20090707190115/http://www.stagenoise.com/reviewsdisplay.php?id=341 to http://www.stagenoise.com/reviewsdisplay.php?id=341
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.