Talk:Jesus of Suburbia
|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Jesus of Suburbia article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|WikiProject Songs||(Rated Start-class)|
|WikiProject Green Day||(Rated Start-class)|
voted for deletion
This song is obviously progressive and alternative rock. But it is deffinetley not punk rock. no way neer it. at all. im adding progressive rock back on and i am taking punk rock out. if you dislike that undo it than.
Do you think someone should put the lyrics to this song in here (if no one answers in about two weeks I'll add it, and I'll probably start doing that to a lot of songs...that would be awsome....) Ed
Don't. ;) I don't know if there's a policy or rule against it, but it's trivial information which would waste a lot of space. There are hundreds of sites all over the internet that are devoted to lyrics; I suggest a link to the lyrics of the song on the "External links" section. And make sure the site is simple to use, doesn't show popups, etc Belard 11:30, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
That's a pretty good idea, I'll try to find a page that has as many lyrics of songs in wiki and add a link to the lyrics... --Eduardo 00:12, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
Okey, since I'm behind a corporate Proxy, almost 99% Lyric's sites are blocked and the rest 1% I couldn't find. So I wish the lyrics were here. — Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 20:44, 1 August 2012 (UTC)
I tagged this section as POV; it's way too pretentious, it isn't written in an encyclopedic tone, and uses too many weasel words; e.g.:
"Green Day's pivotal Grammy-winning album"
"is quoted as saying that he hopes the final video from the album will be a fitting swan-song to his career."
"Bassist Mike Dirnt told VH1 that he expects the video to "shift gears a lot" and this is understandable, considering the conclusive five parts to the power-ballad."
"Bayer himself has heralded the video as one which overshadows and outperforms the seven-minute epic "Wake Me Up When September Ends" video and his famous "Smells Like Teen Spirit" directorial accomplishment."
Belard 11:49, 15 June 2006 (UTC)
- Removed Weasel words and removed POV tag if you still have a problem with it than feel free to put it back up --St.daniel Talk 18:31, 2 June 2007 (UTC)
More to the trivia
The song "Jesus of Suburbia", running at 9:08, has been noted as the longest ever live performance in the BBC show Top of the Pops, surely that could be noted?220.127.116.11 00:32, 12 January 2007 (UTC)
- I Added the fact that Samuel Bayer said this was going to be his swan song video, but he went on to direct the working class hero video for green day. im not aware of any other videos hes has directed since but i know for sure he did the working class hero one because it says so in the opening lists on one version of it on the warner brothers records Youtube Channel.
- Samuel Bayer directed all American Idiot's Music videos and most notably Boulevard of Broken Dreams, and he directed Working Class HeroesChevron24 (talk) 05:51, 24 June 2010 (UTC) music video —Preceding unsigned comment added by Chevron24 (talk • contribs) 05:45, 24 June 2010 (UTC)
Key of G#7???
The song info section lists the key of one of the movements as "G#7" which is completely ridiculous. It sounds like it should be "G# minor" so I am changing it. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 18.104.22.168 (talk) 05:28, 16 November 2008 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Jesus of Suburbia. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140203040533/http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/week-ending-july-25-2010-its-every-rapper-for-himself.html to http://music.yahoo.com/blogs/chart-watch/week-ending-july-25-2010-its-every-rapper-for-himself.html
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://www.vh1.com/artists/news/1508693/08312005/green_poo.jhtml
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.