Talk:John Francis Wade
|WikiProject Biography / Musicians||(Rated Stub-class)|
Jacobite meaning of "adeste fideles"
I have removed information that "adeste fideles" carries a hidden Jacobite meaning (the coming king is supposed to be not Jesus but Bonnie Prince Charlie) because ...
- although interesting, it's an unproven (and probably unprovable) private hypothesis of one professor
- this information wouldn't belong here but to the article on the song itself
- The information applies to other liturgical texts as well as Adeste Fideles, and gives a significant insight into Wade's commitment to Jacobitism. Agreed that it's one professor, so I've segregated that info and clearly attributed it as his claim. The addition of more scholarly research will be welcome. dave souza, talk 21:22, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
- Thanks for at least improving the format. I'll let it rest, but I think that your information, while interesting, clearly isn't congruous with Wikipedia:What Wikipedia is not. Maikel (talk) 21:42, 1 January 2009 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on John Francis Wade. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20110816074501/http://www.hymntime.com/tch/bio/w/a/d/wade_jf.htm to http://www.hymntime.com/tch/bio/w/a/d/wade_jf.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.