|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the JumpTV article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
Hey Ragib. I was wondering if you could tell me what exactly you felt needed "cleanup" on this page. Any and all feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! —Preceding unsigned comment added by Headeditor42 (talk • contribs) 17:20, June 18, 2006
There are way too many wikilinks. You only need to link to the same article once. Any more is poor formatting. It's tradition to only link the very first time a topic is mentioned. ---J.S (t|c) 20:22, 21 June 2006 (UTC)
- It looks as advertising to mee too. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 03:23, November 25, 2006
- I think that having a list of aggregated TV channels makes sense. It help showing the availalbe TV channels online from different places. It is not advertising since all links are toward the Channels official places. ---AhmedG 19:51, November 25, 2006
I have removed the entire "Channel list" section as unencyclopedic. Not only did it contain an excessive amount of advertising language, but it served primarily as a link repository, which Wikipedia does not allow. -- Satori Son 20:57, 9 January 2007 (UTC)
- Agree, seems to meet consensus and policy guidelines. Wikipedia is not a directory. Wikipedia is not a repository for lists, directories or Advocacy of commercial products and/or websites. NPOV requires views to be represented without bias, this applies not only to article text, but to companies, company lists, channel lists, products, external links, or any other material as well
Having all the links embedded within Wikipedia may not be the best case scenario. If there is an outside link or article that contains a list of channels that are available online based on different ethnicities, then one external link would suffice and would be relevant to this article. —Ag imedia 01:27, 17 January 2007 (UTC).
- Yes, that makes sense. Does anyone know of a single link that provides a complete channel listing? We just can't go back to the mess we had before. -- Satori Son 01:32, 17 January 2007 (UTC)
Hu12, shall we remove the advert note? it does not sound like advert to meAg imedia
- Removed, much better. good work. Especialy like the addition of the History section. --Hu12 22:52, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
Fair use rationale for Image:JTV-logo tagline wt.jpg
Image:JTV-logo tagline wt.jpg is being used on this article. I notice the image page specifies that the image is being used under fair use but there is no explanation or rationale as to why its use in this Wikipedia article constitutes fair use. In addition to the boilerplate fair use template, you must also write out on the image description page a specific explanation or rationale for why using this image in each article is consistent with fair use.
Please go to the image description page and edit it to include a fair use rationale. Using one of the templates at Wikipedia:Fair use rationale guideline is an easy way to insure that your image is in compliance with Wikipedia policy, but remember that you must complete the template. Do not simply insert a blank template on an image page.
If there is other fair use media, consider checking that you have specified the fair use rationale on the other images used on this page. Note that any fair use images lacking such an explanation can be deleted one week after being tagged, as described on criteria for speedy deletion. If you have any questions please ask them at the Media copyright questions page. Thank you.
JUMPTV.COM PLEASE CANCEL MY ACCOUNT
i cannot found any link to MY PROFILE on mainpage i did login i want to cancel my account
but can not :(((((((((((((((((
PLEASE PLEASE HELP !!!!!