Talk:LGBT rights in Switzerland
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Not every male swiss between 20 and 50 is a member of the army. Quite a lot of young people nowadays find some excuse (or have a real medical reason) why they can't join the army and even if you are perfectly healthy, you can choose to do alternative service instead. So it should be changed to "most swiss men" and not "every male swiss". —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk) 23:29, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
Please try to write your contributions on political or legal topics in a way that makes it impossible for the reader to judge your own position on the matter. Stick to the encyclopedic facts, and report opinions based on notable commentators, with references, taking care not to present them in Wikipedia's voice. --dab (𒁳) 11:50, 10 November 2016 (UTC)
The article claimed that
- "LGBT persons are protected by anti-discrimination law"
This suggests that Swiss law recognizes "LGBT persons" as a separate category in law. This is not the case to the best of my knowledge. But the "anti-discrimination law" in question needs citation anyway. Afaik, discrimination based on gender is outlawed, without specifying special subgroups or gender identities, let alone "LGBT" (as in, the combination of four different types of sexual orientation and/or gender identity) as a single category. --dab (𒁳) 11:52, 10 November 2016 (UTC)
- checked, and mostly fixed. The constitution (not a law) protects against any discrimination, not naming sexual or gender identity specifically, but mentioning "way of life". There is no law to protect against discrimination in private affairs (e.g. employment) other than based on race, ethnicity or religion or a nebulous category of "personal injury" that is hardly ever invoked. This liberal approach to private interaction is the subject of this article. --dab (𒁳) 12:19, 10 November 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on LGBT rights in Switzerland. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120611181908/http://old.ilga.org/Statehomophobia/ILGA_State_Sponsored_Homophobia_2012.pdf to http://old.ilga.org/Statehomophobia/ILGA_State_Sponsored_Homophobia_2012.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140517155953/http://www.ejpd.admin.ch/content/dam/data/gesellschaft/eazw/dokumentation/praxis/praxis-2012-02-01-f.pdf to http://www.ejpd.admin.ch/content/dam/data/gesellschaft/eazw/dokumentation/praxis/praxis-2012-02-01-f.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20160306160627/https://queer.ch/politik/schweiz/nationale-wahlen-parteien-im-lgbt-check/ to https://queer.ch/politik/schweiz/nationale-wahlen-parteien-im-lgbt-check/
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.