|WikiProject India / Jammu and Kashmir / Districts / Geography||(Rated Stub-class, Mid-importance)|
The note about the remarkably low birth rate in Ladakhi villages is interesting but without explanation seems more remarkable than it is. I have no published sources, but having been in Ladakh for over ten years, I can say this is obviously due to the massive rural-to-urban migration. In many villages, the men and women of childbearing age have left the village for work and are staying in Leh town, while only their elderly parents remain in the village. They still consider the village their "home" and come for holidays and school vacations, but the census counted where people actually stayed for more than 6 months of the year, and thus people were counted where they work, study, or keep house, not in their ancestral villages. BeckyLadakh (talk) 19:58, 20 January 2008 (UTC)
Ladakh peoples protests
It is so shame full situation that any coverage of Ladakh peoples protest against Shortage of drinking water, Lack of teachers in Indian Govt schools, erotic power supply, High air fares, Students rights, Killing of people in neighbouring Kashmir, Quota issue against Indian state Government and High court is forcefully being denied.
Is it your neutrality WP ?
I am disappointed with this cherry picking article which is just a no value article on current Ladakh population centres situation.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 4 external links on Leh district. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Corrected formatting/usage for http://kashmirsentinel.com/aug2002/8.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20080910092544/http://jkrd.nic.in/listAllDistricts.pdf to http://jkrd.nic.in/listAllDistricts.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20081022185235/http://ceojammukashmir.nic.in/eros_aeros.html to http://ceojammukashmir.nic.in/ERos_AERos.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20071030134447/http://leh.nic.in/lahdc.htm to http://leh.nic.in/lahdc.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.