Talk:Letter of Jeremiah
|WikiProject Bible||(Rated Start-class, Top-importance)|
|WikiProject Religious texts||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
- Oppose merger. The Vulgate puts it in one place, other canons put it in other places. Since when does the Latin Vulgate enjoy primacy on a neutral encyclopedia? It's a topic by itself. ፈቃደ (ውይይት) 23:06, 5 October 2006 (UTC)
"Although the "letter" is included as a discrete unit in the Septuagint, there is no evidence of it ever having been canonical in the Jewish tradition." The reference cited states this: "No work in the Apocrypha was ever considered canonical, see for example "Order of the Books in Jewish Lists" in Henry Barclay Swete, An Introduction to the Old Testament in Greek (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1900), 200." While I would definitely agree that this is what Henry Barclay Swete believes, it seems pretty odd that the majority of Christian history is against him in that claim "no work in the Apocrpyha was ever considered canonical". Catholics, Orthodox, and some Anglicans after Protestantism broke off all believe that the "apocryphal" writings the article is referencing are deuterocanonical, are completely and fully apart of the canon. Anthony 'Timoteo' Fisher 17:17, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
- The point here is if Letter of Jeremiah is deemed as canonical by the Jewish religion (and the reference correctly states it is not). An other point is its canonicity among Christians. A ntv (talk) 18:20, 9 December 2012 (UTC)
This work may have been composed in Hebrew or Aramaic, according to the article.
Yet, I find no mention of how the work is referred to commonly in Aramaic, nor whether said title also translates to The Letter of Jeremiah in English. For that matter, there is not even a mention of this work on the Aramaic Wikipedia.
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Letter of Jeremiah. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150906041916/http://www.masseiana.org/panarion_bk1.htm to http://www.masseiana.org/panarion_bk1.htm
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.