Talk:List of comedy television series
Organisation of Page
Shouldn't the USA and UK have their own seperate pages, othewise it could become extremely long.--RMHED 01:42, 24 July 2006 (UTC)
- I arrived here from a link to "list of comedies" and didn't realize I was looking at a page that was devoted only to television comedies. The organization of the page didn't help. When I got down to the list of stage comedies, there was no "See also" to explain why there were so few other types of comedies listed.
- I'm wondering why it makes sense at all to have such an extensive list of television comedies if no comparable list of other comedies is offered. The implication is that Wikipedia values television comedies more than other types. (Toddmg)
- Considering the actual page TITLE is "List of comedy television series", and then at the end there are two more lists: Theatrical and Radio Comedies, this is crazy. We need to break the two other lists off as separate pages. There are quite a few other WP comedy lists: Films (broken down into individual decades) Sitcoms (should be deleted, probably) Situation Comedies (hmmm!!) Comedy-Drama Films, etc, etc, take a look yourself... I propose I (or someone else if they beat me to it) break off the two Theatrical and Radio lists into new pages. Does anyone object to that? It's now end July 2012, if no-one has objected by end August, I'll go ahead and do it then. TheBustopher (talk) 16:07, 29 July 2012 (UTC)
Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin
The Fall and Rise of Reginald Perrin was Fall and Rise in that order. For those of you who may not know, the central character Reggie Perrin faked his own death and returned, hence fall, then rise. --rbrwr
Anyone else think it's kind of weird how the only picture on the page is of Dinosaurs?
- Because when I think of comedy, I think of Dinosaurs. Mole 20:17, 26 Jul 2004 (UTC)
Red Dwarf UK
Hey i was just wondering that the Red Dwarf on the UK part says 1988 - present. However, the series ended a while ago now so i thought somebody could find the year it ended? Thanks --Lewisjg 20:13, 21 December 2006 (UTC)
- Technically this is true, there is a tenth series of Red Dwarf planned for 2012 (let's keep our fingers crossed). Series 9 was "Back to Earth" - a special 3 part series made in 2008 (broadcast in 2009). Series 8 was sort of the last full-on shows in 1999 which I guess is sort of the answer you seek. TheBustopher (talk) 13:16, 9 December 2011 (UTC)
Friends appears to be listed under both the UK and the US. Since the shows are listed under their country of origin, should Friends not be removed from the UK section? (Unless I'm missing a subtlety.) Paulbuckingham (talk) 03:06, 16 April 2010 (UTC)
Hello, I'm working with OCLC, and we are algorithmically generating data about different Genres, like notable Authors, Book, Movies, Subjects, Characters and Places. We have determined that this Wikipedia page has a close affintity to our detected Genere of comedy-films. It might be useful to look at  for more information. Thanks. Maximilianklein (talk) 23:06, 5 December 2012 (UTC)
Should children's TV be listed? Things like cartoons? I can understand putting in things that are made specifically as comedy, but if cartoons are added then almost every cartoon ever made will qualify and the quality of the page will decrease significantly. At the very least, children's comedy should have its own section or - more likely - its own page.Yb2 (talk) 21:12, 15 April 2015 (UTC)