Talk:List of dice games
|WikiProject Board and table games||(Rated Start-class, High-importance)|
they are also used under the hood
- Eh? What does that mean? -- Picapica 14:15, 25 Mar 2005 (UTC)
Lesser-known Dice Games
I'd be interested to know if the Wikipedia community would allow some kind of category for lesser-known games, so that games and variations on games, which may not appear "notable" enough for the Dice game category, can be archived. I'd suggest that they still represent sound encyclopaedic content, as well as refreshing the currently listed games. Jddriessen 19:03, 2 March 2007 (UTC)
- I don't see any reason why a game cannot be placed in Category:Dice games, as long as it can support an encyclopedic article. —ptk✰fgs 20:34, 3 March 2007 (UTC)
There hasn't been much comment on this subject. I'd like to start a page on the dice game "Cameroons" which I learned as a child and have played into adult-hood. As it may take a while to build a proper page, how do I go about bilding the initial page and developing it enough for publication? Bill W (talk) 02:06, 9 July 2008 (UTC)
- As long as you can get some valid references into whatever first attempt you make, it should be accepted as a stub until you can expand it. Jddriessen (talk) 12:14, 10 July 2009 (UTC)
Synch with category:Dice games
I added a entry to Gluckshaus, and after someone cleans it up it would be good to link it to this page.
- If the list and the category are meant to be the same, I think the list should be replaced by a link to the category page, like this: List of dice games.--Nø (talk) 19:10, 3 June 2010 (UTC)
In this edit, the following unsourced redlinks were removed:
- Catan Dice Game
- Daemon Dice Game
- Phase 10 Dice
- Cookie Fu (Blue Kabuto)
- Demon Dice also known as Chaos Progenitus (Fast Forward Games)
- Dicemaster (Iron Crown Enterprises)
- Harry Potter Dicers (Hasbro)
I agree with this deletion for the time being, but perhaps someone can dig up enough sourced info to write proper articles or at least stubs about some of these games, and then re-add them to this page.--Noe (talk) 14:40, 30 April 2008 (UTC)
Criteria for inclusion
Is this a list of games whithout much equipment besides the dice - or just games where dice are important?
Is it a list of common games, or are less well known games included too?
Is this list needed at all; aren't the wiki categories good enough?