Talk:List of things named after James Joseph Sylvester
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|WikiProject Mathematics||(Rated List-class, Low-priority)|
|WikiProject Anthroponymy||(Rated List-class)|
- Sylvester’s eliminant — possibly the same as the Sylvester matrix of two polynomials?
- Sylvester resultant matrix
- Sylvester's law of nullity
- Sylvester's theorem on partitions
- Sylvester theorem on spherical harmonics proving the unicity of Maxwell’s multipole representation
- Sylvester's formula for partitions of an integer.
- Sylvester's rule for converting partitions
- Sylvester's theorem on partitions II stating that the number of partitions of n into odd parts equals the number of partitions into distinct parts.
- Sylvester's theorem on partitions III The number of partitions of n into consecutive integers equals the number of odd factors of n
- Sylvester's graph or Sylvester-Ferrer graph of a partition.
- Sylvester's theory of waves
I give up...
- Sylvester J J 1876 Note on spherical harmonics Phil. Mag. 2 291–307, reprinted in The Collected mathematical Papers of James Joseph Sylvester vol III (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press) 1909
- History of the theory of numbers