|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Hi, just to explain my edit to remove 'controversial' from the yoga guru: I really don't think it adds anything to the page that could not be found out be going to the article about the man so it is unnecessary - there is a clear criticisms page about him there and that's where information like that should stay.
- He is controversial though. Claiming that you can cure cancer without any supporting evidence? That's controversial. --MacRusgail (talk) 18:00, 27 September 2009 (UTC)
Hi all, I'm curious about the naming policy that has been applied to this island. The article refers to the island as "Little Cumbrae" and says that local people refer to the island as "Wee Cumbrae". If so, presumably this is its tradtional name. I'm sympathetic to the Scots tongue/language, and "wee" is a great Scots word, but surely "wee" is also a good English word (you'll hear Australians and Americans use it too). If I'm right and local people refer to it as "Wee Cumbrae" and "Wee" is a good English word, what is the evidence that this article and others on the internet have not misnamed or renamed the island? Thanks.Curious chiel (talk) 17:10, 3 July 2016 (UTC)
- Just to note that Ordnance Survey - surely the authority on British place-names, though not completely infallible - has consistently referred to the place as Little Cumbrae. cheers Geopersona (talk) 13:23, 15 September 2017 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 2 external links on Little Cumbrae. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120320075854/http://www.spns.org.uk/bliton/combrog.html to http://www.spns.org.uk/bliton/combrog.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20070317013236/http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/vli/language/gaelic/pdfs/placenamesC-E.pdf to http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/vli/language/gaelic/pdfs/placenamesC-E.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.