|WikiProject Greece||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject Cities||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
Yet another Livadeia
There seems to be another Livadeia in Greece, on the isle of Crete. It is mentioned as follows in the article on the Greco-Turkish_War (1897)#Prelude to war: on 7 February  the first full-scale battle between Greeks and Turks occurred, when the Greek expeditionary force in Crete defeated a 4,000-strong Ottoman force at the Battle of Livadeia, Crete. - which again is quoted in the articles:
- 1897 in Italy#February: when the Greek expeditionary force in Crete defeated a 4,000-strong Ottoman force at the Battle of Livadeia, Crete.
- List of wars involving Greece#1833-1899.
Livadeia on the isle of Crete is mentioned too in the article List of shipwrecks in July 1944#14 July as the place at which the ship Suzanne was sunk. Then it should be a coastal town. As it seems a possibly deleted article which did tell Livadia, Rethymno (Λιβάδια) is a community in Rethymno regional unit, Greece - once did exist, as on this Greece.com page such an article has been cited. Finally this Angelfire.com page written in Dutch provides the exact location of Livadia Beach near the town of Kastelli Kissamos on the isle of Crete.
According to Google Maps however these are the actual locations of the town Livadia: 35,308102, 24,807261. See it yourself! This Livadia is more prone to be the town in which surroundings the battle took place. 18.104.22.168 (talk) 06:35, 25 December 2016 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Livadeia. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20150921212047/http://dlib.statistics.gr/Book/GRESYE_02_0101_00098%20.pdf to http://dlib.statistics.gr/Book/GRESYE_02_0101_00098%20.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.