Talk:Marge Simpson/Archive 1
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
- 1 When is she born?
- 2 Sisters
- 3 Age
- 4 Blue hair
- 5 Middle Initial
- 6 Two more characteristics
- 7 Sesame Street?
- 8 Feminist?
- 9 a little messy
- 10 3rd Generation?
- 11 The Maxim cover
- 12 german voice is dead(FYI)
- 13 New Picture
- 14 Recent Picture
- 15 Marge's middle name is Alexa???
- 16 Her age
- 17 Images
- 18 Suportive of Lisa?
- 19 Head Vampire
- 20 Marge's weight
- 21 Marge's Middle Name
- 22 Error about Véronique Augereau
- 23 Actual Height
- 24 Tattoo
- 25 Category:Fictional French-Americans
- 26 Birthday
- 27 Shoe Size
- 28 Birthday
- 29 Chronology
- 30 GA Review
- 31 Occupations
When is she born?
In the episode, Kiss Kiss, Bang Bangalore Homer is not sure of when she is born. She says May!She has a blue hair
She also said in an earlier episode her birthstone would have been emerald if she was born three months later. Emerald is the birthstone of May. If that's true, she was born in February.
Her stated birth day is October 1st.
It has been confirmed in the episode shown on April 22nd, 2007 on fox. She had said she shares the same birthday as Randy Quaid upon google-ing it. —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 05:44, 23 April 2007 (UTC).
- If I recall correctly, Marge states in passing she has the same birthday as Randy Quaid, but doesn't give the date — editors are inferring that Marge's birthday on the show is the same as Quaid's birthday in real life. I doubt the writers will feel a need to stick to this. Could happen, but it's not certain.
- It's WP:TRIVIA, especially if it never comes up again in other episodes, / edgarde 05:57, 23 April 2007 (UTC)
In the episode, Marge Gamer Marge learns that she shares her birthday with Randy Quaid which would be October 1st.
"her sisters include"? Thought she only had the two.
In the book, The Simpsons: A Complete Guide to Our Favorite Family, it refers to her as 36. - Leonardo2505
In the episode, "Regarding Margie", Homer says he and Marge are the same age.
Umm... In the arcade game from years ago it said she was 36 as well.
In the episode "Life on the Fast Lane" when seated at the restaurant one of marges sister's remarks that shes only 34, plenty of time to leave and start again.
am i the only one who realized this marge is at least 34 bart is 10 she was knocked up in high school. now assuming she wasn't held back for 6 years this does not seem possible. any one have any insight on this.
I always thought that Marge's hair had turned blue after exposure to radiation from some sort of nuclear accident. No?
I believe there was an episode, in which Homer gossips to his class and friends about their family, and that included Marge dyeing her hair. (After searching), I found the episode. 1F20 Secrets of a Successful Marriage -- Win777 20:24, 31 August 2005 (UTC)
another point is thats she uses thompsons waterseal to keep her hair in placeBoatman666 23:58, 7 August 2007 (UTC)
The blue isn't anything unusual- The Van Houten Family, the Blue-Haired Lawyer, and many background characters have blue hair in the show. It seems that in the simpsons-universe, blue is one of the natural hair colors. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 07:07, 26 July 2008 (UTC)
But Lisa's middle name is Marie (with a M), maybe it's only the Simpson men. Maggie's middle name is also not known, although both Marge and Maggie's middle name could be Jacqueline after their mother and grandmother.
It's not just Simpson men. Mona Simpson's middle name begins with J.
Two more characteristics
Not sure where to place them in the article: a) she has webbed toes; b) she finds having her elbow nibbled a turn-on. 18.104.22.168 12:19, 26 September 2005 (UTC)
Why is this in the category: Celebertys who have apeared on Sesame Street? Deathawk 22:22, 28 December 2005 (UTC)
- Because they have been on sesame street..?--NorwegianMarcus 11:27, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
I agree, Marge could actually be described as a complete 180o from a feminist, remember her reaction to Malibu Stacy's sexist recordings, but then again we can see her as quite the feminist in The Way We Was, when she actually burned her bra. - Leonardo2505.
It seems like she was a feminist in her younger days, but now she seems the very opposite.
a little messy
The article is a bit messy and needs headlines. I suggest (i've translated this into norwegian and have these headlines: Family, Age, Jobes, etc. Do you agree that it needs these headlines?!??... --NorwegianMarcus 11:30, 2 April 2006 (UTC)
I could swear Marge bragged to the Burlesque House woman that she was '3rd-generation Springfieldian' but in the Jebediah-Springfield-Was-a-Fraud episode, she told Lisa her parents moved to Springfield, having the choice of Stenchburg instead... Hrmm..
The Maxim cover
- Unfortunately, it would only be fair use in an article about Maxim, not one about Marge. - CrazyRussian talk/email 01:35, 27 July 2006 (UTC)
german voice is dead(FYI)
I hope this new picture is satisfactory, the other one was stretched and distorted. I hope the new one reflects Wikipedia's standards
I think one with her hair upward would be better.Cris Spiegel 11:44, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
I think we should have a recent picture of Marge, one that shows her current age, not when she was younger. Since when she is shown in the show for the most part, she is older. If anyone can find a different picture, that would help. Brainboy109 5:08, 26 August 2006 (UTC)
- Agreed. Marge's hair is pretty much her trademark. Not having the picture include her present hair state is misleading and pretty much just silly. Perhaps we could have the main picture be of herat present, and then move the younger picture down a bit. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 22.214.171.124 (talk)
- I don't have time right now. Can anyone increase the contrast to get the image closer to accurate? It's a little washed out right now. TheHYPO 12:06, 14 September 2006 (UTC)
Umm, she hasn't aged. She's still the same. Lisa, Bart, and an excellent example Maggie. Why discuss adding a "new image"
- Nevermind that, I just checked the history of this page and I agree. --Yancyfry jr 21:43, 29 September 2006 (UTC)
Marge's middle name is Alexa???
Can sombody prove that Alexa is her middle name? -14:00, August 26, 2006
although it says she is 34 on the article, shouldnt she be the same age as homer as they graduated from highschool together? also homer i thought was 38, as the episode where homer discovers he will die at the age of 40 after taking a magazine quiz, marge corrects him, (he thinks he is 37) and she points out that he is 38, giving him only 2 years to live.
I think we need a image of Marge in her teenage years, when her hair goes down, in this article somewhere Not as the main image obviously, but as a comparison --Kzrulzuall 09:11, 11 January 2007 (UTC)
Suportive of Lisa?
have removed the part about her being "Suportive of Lisa" because - She's not! She is more than often either ignoring Lisa's opinions or telling her she is either wrong, making a "big deal out of nothing", Or just snapping at her. I also find her arrogant and unabable to admit when she's at fault - especially where Lisa is concerned.MJN SEIFER
- Sorry, but what you "find" in her is not good enough to remove that bit. Seems like a personal opinion. --Tohru Honda13Talk•Sign here 01:04, 19 January 2007 (UTC)
You can ignore the "Find" bit if you like - I was just blowing of steam. But The stuff above I think is valid. I will suply some quotes that prove how "Unsuportive" (Is that a word?) of Lisa she is. MJN SEIFER
This part is not necessary at all, and unless someone objects to it, it should be removed. Just about everything in the Halloween episodes is not canon, and therefore shouldn't be used in the profile or trivia.JohnnyRush10 08:42, 26 January 2007 (UTC)
- That's what the Head Vampire WANTS you to think.
Does anybody know how much does Marge weigh? In episode "King-size Homer" it's revealed that Homer weighs 239 lbs, but I hadn't found any episode where anybody says Marge's weight. (Well, I live in Spain, and here Antena 3 is broadcasting season 17, so I haven't seen the last episodes broadcast in USA). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 126.96.36.199 (talk) 20:06, 20 February 2007 (UTC).
Marge's Middle Name
I know there was some discussion on every Simpsons' middle initial being "J" but in the episode "Thirty Minutes Over Tokyo" where the simpsons go to Tokyo there is a scene where homer is at an Internet-Cafe checking his bank account. When Snake steals their money via a floppy disc? you can see on the screen Marge's middle initial appears to be "B". Her name appears on the bottom left corner under Homers name. (The binary soul 04:39, 17 March 2007 (UTC)) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 188.8.131.52 (talk) 04:38, 17 March 2007 (UTC).
Yes, but the only reason Marge is a Simpson is because she is married to Homer, she is actually a Bovier, thus meaning she doesn't have or is not shown in any episodes to have a middle nae beggining with J, or that's my theory —Preceding unsigned comment added by Vitual aelita (talk • contribs) 00:48, 2 March 2008 (UTC)
Error about Véronique Augereau
7'0"? Did someone vandalise it or what? (Aixduran 03:44, 16 June 2007 (UTC))
i think that size includes her hair ;-)
She seems to have a tattoo of Homer's name on her "You Know What", see Season10, Homer to the Max. Although she may have burned it off using "Various acids". Watch it and update the page please.
Patty, Selma and Marge are French Americans (Americans with French ancestry). Shouldn't take it off the article just because it has not been mentioned in the programme, but it is quite obvious that Bouvier is a French surname. Luckystars 09:25, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
- If it's not mentioned in the series, then it's not true. Besides, just because it SOUNDS French doesn't make it French. -- Scorpion0422 15:09, 24 June 2007 (UTC)
right. they could be canadian for example ;-)
- This issue is brought up 3 times on this talk page, starting here, and this information gets added and removed a lot. The problem is that October 1st is not Marge's birthday — this was a joke used in one episode. Various conflicting birthdays are given or hinted at in the show. See  for a list.
- I'm hoping this section can be kept. If for no other reason, then to minimize the revert-warring. Anyway, it seems that some people care about this information.
- If this page is "a mass", I would suggest that the constant adding, removing, restoring, changing, and fighting over bits of WP:TRIVIA add more to the problem. / edgarde 02:31, 15 July 2007 (UTC)
- It was a mess the last time I checked; something to do with the bio section being repeatedly changed. It is much better now. (WannabeAmatureHistorian 05:11, 24 July 2007 (UTC))
List of supposed birthdays
I've added a short list of Marge's supposed birthdays once or twice. I think the fact that people keep "discovering" this info is reason enough, because this provides (for those obsessed with reconciling in-universe information) an illustration that these dates don't mean much in Simpsons-time.
Having this deleted doesn't bother me much, and I realize it looks like trivia, but I think this illustration is helpful. Does anyone object to my restoring this? Perhaps we can add language like illustrating how dates are not consistent in Simpsons-time ... / edg ☺ ★ 05:23, 25 August 2007 (UTC)
- Not hearing an objection, I've restored this. I think this is a good idea because:
- It demonstrates for the literal-minded how The Simpsons in-universe time references cannot really be reconciled.
- It informs people the date they may have for Marge's birthday is not meaningful.
- It would be nice if someone could add some statements from the show's creators, and maybe it can be worded differently. If this section just gets deleted a third time, I'm certainly ready to give up. / edg ☺ ★ 21:02, 7 September 2007 (UTC)
- who the hell cares what her shoe size is?--184.108.40.206 22:56, 31 July 2007 (UTC)
- Foot fetishists?220.127.116.11 02:27, 16 September 2007 (UTC)
|This page is an archive. Do not edit the contents of this page. Please direct any additional comments to the current talk page.|
In Marge Gamer Marge discovers that she shares a birthday with Randy Quaid (October 1, 1950). Is this worth mentioning? —Preceding unsigned comment added by JibFlank (talk • contribs) 23:44, 9 December 2008 (UTC)
- No. Wait until a source is found and I'll add it then. Thanks for asking. -- MISTER ALCOHOL T C 05:58, 13 December 2008 (UTC)
In episode 501, Exit Through the Kwik-E-Mart, it is clearly shown that Marge Simpson's birthday is March 19th. Lisa tells Homer that he needs to shop for Marge's birthday and shows the calendar with the date circled on it. EricE (talk) 03:59, 8 March 2012 (UTC)
You do realise the stuff you argue about such as Marge's date of birth and shoe size don't matter as the Simpsons chronology is always changing!--RandomEnigma (talk) 20:56, 20 August 2008 (UTC)Seán Travers
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Cyclone Daman/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
- It is reasonably well written.
- a (prose): b (MoS):
- It is factually accurate and verifiable.
- It is broad in its coverage.
- a (major aspects): b (focused):
- It follows the neutral point of view policy.
- Fair representation without bias:
- It is stable.
- No edit wars etc.:
- It is illustrated by images, where possible and appropriate.
In the role in The Simpsons category, it lists all of her past jobs- except for Bodybulding (Strong Arms Of The Ma). Why didn't they list that one inpraticular? Bodybulding is a notable job and therfore should have been listed.--18.104.22.168 (talk) 16:24, 25 July 2009 (UTC)