|WikiProject Computing||(Rated Stub-class)|
vi and MicroEMACS
- Well, vile was based upon an MicroEmacs (as I just added to the page).--Armslurp 02:55, 5 April 2006 (UTC)
Anybody know exactly which version of MicroEmacs Linus uses?! There are so many variants!
- He has his own patched version. You can download it at http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/editors/uemacs/ Eklitzke 02:40, 31 October 2007 (UTC)
- No idea. He may not even still use it anymore- that email was years ago if my memory does not betray me. --maru (talk) contribs 01:15, 6 April 2006 (UTC)
- Apparently his own customised version, according to  Richard W.M. Jones 17:02, 8 August 2006 (UTC)
- Comparing the 4.0.15 versions of the program cited on the ftp-links, the only changes are: (a) increase the maximum screensize to 500x500 (from 128x128) and (b) use POSIX terminal I/O in a couple of places. Presumably Linus has made other customizations to macros, but those are not reflected in the version of the program on the ftp site Tedickey (talk) 14:52, 18 August 2008 (UTC)
Lawrence's "trunk" builds were developing slower than JASSPA's, though JASSPA's remained an in-company thing, and apparently came as a lost/stolen source-disk of the main. Source: JASSPA MicroEmacs documentation within the binaries. Specifically, a German person's build of JASSPA MicroEmacs for Tiny Core Linux.
Category vs ncurses
- I never used MicroEmacs and don't know about it; i added mentioned category citing below link: