Talk:Navy–Johns Hopkins football rivalry
|Navy–Johns Hopkins football rivalry has been listed as one of the Sports and recreation good articles under the good article criteria. If you can improve it further, please do so. If it no longer meets these criteria, you can reassess it.
Review: December 4, 2014. ( ).
|WikiProject College football||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Maryland / Baltimore||(Rated GA-class, Low-importance)|
- This review is transcluded from Talk:Navy–Johns Hopkins football rivalry/GA1. The edit link for this section can be used to add comments to the review.
I'll review this over the next couple days, since this is currently the oldest nom awaiting a review. Wizardman 23:01, 1 December 2014 (UTC)
Here are the issues I found:
- "who claimed eight national championships in ten years. Only Yale presented any form of challenge, claiming four national championships in the same time period" so there were 12 titles in 10 years? If so that's fine, just making sure I'm not misreading.
- Yes, you're reading that right. I think there were actually more like 15.
- "Hopkins first team was assembled in 1881," Hopkins'
- "Navy returned the favor in the second half of the game, when" rm comma
- Comma removed.
- "The next year, in 1885, Naval Academy officials finally approved of the playing of football" How were Navy able to play up until then? Or was it just a situation where they allowed it but just looked the other way?
- It was pretty much they just looked the other way, with the policy that, if anything happened, the students, not the Academy, would be held responsible.
Only a little bit that I found to be an issue. I'll put the article on hold and will pass when the above is fixed. Wizardman 00:09, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- I have attempted to correct or clarify all of your concerns. Thanks for the review. - A Texas Historian (Talk to me) 15:30, 3 December 2014 (UTC)
- Everything looks good now, so I'll pass the article as a GA. Wizardman 04:11, 4 December 2014 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified one external link on Navy–Johns Hopkins football rivalry. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20140611173624/https://www.profootballresearchers.org/Articles/No_Christian_End.pdf to http://www.profootballresearchers.org/Articles/No_Christian_End.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.