|WikiProject Novels||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
|WikiProject Horror||(Rated Start-class)|
This set of books is one of the best I have ever read. Brian Lumley is one of a kind if you don't count H.P.Lovecraft. He has a good take on his subject matter and can play your feelings and imagination like a puppet on strings. If you can read only one series of books for the rest of your life , this is it. User:188.8.131.52 18:00, 19 April 2007
You must be joking. This series is terrible. Harry SR is a Mary Sue for Lumley, with his entire collection of powers that come and go, and the drama with his son always rings so hollow. The only book that I read that was worse was Da Vinci Code. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 184.108.40.206 (talk) 00:55, 26 August 2008 (UTC)
While I agree it is a fantastic series (at least the original group) it does lead to a lot more thought than entertainment. The parallel remind me of Satan, His Psychotherapy and Cure by the Unfortunate Dr. Kassler, J.S.P.S. by Jeremy Leven, which portrays Satan as a misunderstood character. Shaithan, as the fallen angel, and his lack of memory of the event, along with the alternate possible history of events, lead to a different interpretation of the origins of the ‘Satan’ character in Christian mythology. That alone is worth the price of the series. Add in the books are laced with spies, sex, mystery, religion, ghosts, vampires, werewolves, mathematical formula, serial killers, government conspiracy, history and you have a series that has something for everyone. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 220.127.116.11 (talk) 20:11, 10 September 2008 (UTC)
Truncation of article
I made some minor alterations 8th July, 2007. Unfortunately they resulted in the truncation of the article in various places and I can't see how to undo them. I should be able to use the revision history to backtrack, but can't see how to accomplish it. User:Cpoultney 05:41, 8 July 2007
- FIX IT! User:18.104.22.168 15:16, 13 July 2007
Would this series deserve mention in the article? It is an anime/manga where people called Shamans exhibit pretty similar abilities along the lines of a Necroscope. I know Necroscope doesn't have them constantly battling, but it's still a pretty interesting parable. Tyciol 10:56, 5 November 2007 (UTC)
Image copyright problem with Image:Brian lumley the touch.jpg
The image Image:Brian lumley the touch.jpg is used in this article under a claim of fair use, but it does not have an adequate explanation for why it meets the requirements for such images when used here. In particular, for each page the image is used on, it must have an explanation linking to that page which explains why it needs to be used on that page. Please check
- That there is a non-free use rationale on the image's description page for the use in this article.
- That this article is linked to from the image description page.
Clean-up and individual pages
I'll be working on the entry, trying to solve the issues reported. So far I've started to wikify it, and am now working on creating individual pages for each novel.
I'll start by using the available work and avoid deleting previous contributions, except when it repeats itself (part of the Wamphyri section that was also featured word-for-word in the Wamphyri entry, for instance).
- Cool. You can probably get away with cutting a lot of the stuff out, like the character lists, as they're not very encyclopedic. Good luck! Also, be weary of articles consisting only of plot, see WP:PLOT. Rehevkor ✉ 11:55, 29 April 2010 (UTC)
Penny Sanderson entry
I made a change to this part of the page. Penny was Johnny Found's last victim, not first. His first human victim would be his step-sister. Also, her death is described as "[s]he was killed when E-Branch declared war on Harry after his vampire reached full ascendency". To me this kind of sounds like she was killed directly by e-branch. Does this need a little expansion to say that she died when she opened her eyes when they were about to go through the Gate in Russia, panicked, and fell off the motorcycle onto the electric plates surrounding the gate? Wolfhound668 (talk) 12:36, 30 August 2011 (UTC)
Movie in production?
Can we get a source that states that a movie is currently in development as stated? I checked brianlumley.com and the only references to the movie that I can find are years-old discussions. Also, I checked Evolving Pictures' website and the only information on the movie was a really blurry page that still references the "upcoming role playing game", which I believe came out in '95 and has the list of novels ending at Blood Brothers. Just a tad out of date. Wolfhound668 (talk) 17:39, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- Can't seem to find anything beyond some forum posts and that entry on their website (we need something better than that primary source). Last I heard about a Necroscope film it was some kind of fan project. Probably not notable either way. Яehevkor ✉ 18:44, 9 January 2012 (UTC)
- I finally got around to looking into this some more. Evolving Pictures seems to have removed the little they had back in January about a Necroscope movie from their page. I did find some pages (almost all investment pages oddly enough) talking about a partnership with Warner Brothers for Necroscope 4D but nothing on Warner Brothers page or Evolving Pictures' page (who you would think would be shouting a project with Warner Brothers from the rooftops). I've removed the reference for now. Wolfhound668 (talk) 17:25, 28 August 2012 (UTC)