Wikipedia:WikiProject Horror/Notice Board
- 1 Documentation
- 2 Discussions
- 2.1 The Forth Kind
- 2.2 (Wheatley novel) or (Dennis Wheatley novel)?
- 2.3 Three Hearts and Three Lions by Poul Anderson
- 2.4 NEW SUBCATEGORY/IMAGES
- 2.5 Leaflet For Wikiproject Horror At Wikimania 2014 (updated version)
- 2.6 One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
- 2.7 RfC
- 2.8 M.R. James
- 2.9 RFC at Talk: Remember (The Walking Dead)
- 2.10 Draft:Ravi Thornton
- 2.11 I Drink Your Blood
- 2.12 False information being added to Ben
- 2.13 Page move discussion for Found Footage.
- 2.14 Proposed change of WikiProject Horror's banner image/icon
- 2.15 The Hideous Sun Demon Article Reassessment and Review
- 2.16 Russian Sleep Experiment
- 2.17 Dark Crystal discussion
- 2.18 New WikiProject Proposal
- 2.19 Redirect of erotic horror?
- 2.20 Omissions in The Awful Dr. Orloff
Introduction to Discussion Forum
This Notice Board is a Discussion Forum, meant to allow General Project Wide discussions. It should be used for any project wide suggestions, while the individual talk pages should still be used for discussions pertinent solely to that page.
The Forth Kind
This movie may or may not be a hoax. But if they are trying to pull this off as the real thing, at least get the geography correct. Nome,_Alaska
(Wheatley novel) or (Dennis Wheatley novel)?
Three Hearts and Three Lions by Poul Anderson
Three Hearts and Three Lions does not belong in this category or project. If any of you have read it you will agree. It is a fantasy novel with very little in common with anything here. 184.108.40.206 (talk) 19:24, 30 June 2014 (UTC)Will in New Haven220.127.116.11 (talk) 19:24, 30 June 2014 (UTC)
I think it some more subcategories are necessary, such as Books. I added this in as my contribution. I also added a few images under each subcategory, which was requested as this is a new article in the "Start Class" section on Wikipedia.
I was unable to find many images I searched for on the wikimedia commons. Does anyone have any suggestions of other search engines for files?
Leaflet For Wikiproject Horror At Wikimania 2014 (updated version)
Please note: This is an updated version of a previous post that I made.
My name is Adi Khajuria and I am helping out with Wikimania 2014 in London.
One of our initiatives is to create leaflets to increase the discoverability of various wikimedia projects, and showcase the breadth of activity within wikimedia. Any kind of project can have a physical paper leaflet designed - for free - as a tool to help recruit new contributors. These leaflets will be printed at Wikimania 2014, and the designs can be re-used in the future at other events and locations.
This is particularly aimed at highlighting less discoverable but successful projects, e.g:
• Active Wikiprojects: Wikiproject Medicine, WikiProject Video Games, Wikiproject Film
• Tech projects/Tools, which may be looking for either users or developers.
• Less known major projects: Wikinews, Wikidata, Wikivoyage, etc.
• Wiki Loves Parliaments, Wiki Loves Monuments, Wiki Loves ____
• Wikimedia thematic organisations, Wikiwomen’s Collaborative, The Signpost
The deadline for submissions is 1st July 2014
For more information or to sign up for one for your project, go to:
Adikhajuria (talk) 12:54, 25 June 2014 (UTC)
One of your project's articles has been selected for improvement!
There is currently a discussion at Talk:Alien (creature in Alien franchise)#RfC: "Alien" or "Xenomorph"? that you may be interested in. 11:37, 31 October 2014 (UTC)
RFC at Talk: Remember (The Walking Dead)
I Drink Your Blood
I have been working on trying to expand the article for I Drink Your Blood, a highly influential cult classic exploitation horror film written and directed by David E. Durston. The article is sadly underdeveloped, and is missing a lot of important information. You can read more information on this project on my talk page or on the film's talk page. Please let me know if you are willing to collaborate with me on this.--Paleface Jack (talk) 17:23, 17 December 2015 (UTC)
There is false information being added, and restored on at least two occasions after being reverted, to the article about the horror film Ben, primarily regarding assertions that the titular character, a non-anthropomorphized rat, was actually a human being, and a nonexistent sequel where said title character somehow became a human basketball player. I have detailed the specific falsehoods in this post on the article's talk page. It might be advisable to set a watch or a lock on the page to try and prevent the false information from being restored yet again. - Pennyforth (talk) 15:10, 5 February 2016 (UTC)
Page move discussion for Found Footage.
A requested edit of the protected WikiProject Horror banner template, proposes a change of the image/icon used in the banner.
- This proposal should be discussed by the affected community at Template talk:WikiProject Horror#Template-protected edit request on 10 March 2016.
Thank you. fredgandt 23:50, 21 March 2016 (UTC)
The Hideous Sun Demon Article Reassessment and Review
So I have recently expanded the article on the science fiction horror film/monster movie The Hideous Sun Demon. It needs to be reviewed and reassessed so that any errors are fixed and it is given a new class rating.--Paleface Jack (talk) 16:23, 14 April 2016 (UTC)
Russian Sleep Experiment
So a draft article on the now famous creepypasta The Russian Sleep Experiment that was created by someone a while ago. Unfortunately the draft is both unsourced, underdeveloped and the article's author hasn't worked on it in a long time now. Hopefully some attention can be given to this article since the amount of attention to the actual story outside this site is staggering.--Paleface Jack (talk) 20:22, 21 March 2017 (UTC)
Dark Crystal discussion
New WikiProject Proposal
Hello everyone! Just thought I'd let you all know that I am in the process of creating a new WikiProject titled WikiProject Monsters (WikiMonster for short) covering everything about monsters (film, game, literature, mythology, etc.). This WikiProject would not only cover the scope of horror monsters but non horror monsters as well such as Monsters Inc., Mythological monsters (which usually don't get included in anything other than mythology), and non horror literature. Hopefully you can come over and give me your thoughts and support. Check it out here--Paleface Jack (talk) 15:41, 8 June 2017 (UTC)
Redirect of erotic horror?
Why does "erotic horror" redirect to "monster erotica?" "Monster erotica" is a subtype of "erotic horror." "Erotic horror" is a standard genre in horror (and much broader than sex with monsters). It should have its own page.
- You should try writing the article if you think it should exist. Be the change you want to see in the world. When the article is made you will get help from other people if they're interested, personally I don't have an intrest in the subject but I'm sure some others do.★Trekker (talk) 13:07, 22 August 2018 (UTC)
Omissions in The Awful Dr. Orloff
This article's got everything except a "Plot" section. If the person who originally wrote the article on the film could please include this, it would be appreciated. Also, there's more than one sequel to this film. These other sequels need to be included, too. Malcolmlucascollins (talk) 21:59, 28 November 2018 (UTC)