Talk:Obion County, Tennessee
|WikiProject Tennessee||(Rated Start-class, Mid-importance)|
|WikiProject United States / Counties||(Rated Start-class, Low-importance)|
Wondering how to edit this U.S. County Entry?
The WikiProject U.S. Counties standards might help.
"No Pay, No Spray"
I removed the following text from the article because I think it is current news that does not belong in an encyclopedia article about this county (especially not as one of the few pieces of information in the article):
- A September 29th house fire in rural Obion county gained national attention during the 2010 midterm US elections. The "No pay, no spray" refers to when a local man's house caught fire and the local firefighter refused to extinguish the blaze. The man had failed to pay an annual $75 fire protection fee in addition to the local property taxes. The fire trucks arrived to the scene to ensure the neighbor's property, who was complete on his county fees, remained undamaged. The local firefighters refused to fight the fire, even when offered compensation.<ref>http://abcnews.go.com/US/tennessee-familys-home-burns-ground-firefighters-stand-watch/story?id=11806407</ref><ref>http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/39516346/ns/us_news-life/</ref>
- This led to a national discussion on the health of local communities in the United States, as well as conservative ideology in the United States. <ref>http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_upshot/20101005/pl_yblog_upshot/rural-tennessee-fire-sparks-conservative-ideological-debate</ref>
- The Cranick case is probably more national coverage than the county government has received in many years... AnonMoos (talk) 17:54, 8 October 2010 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Obion County, Tennessee. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/20110531210815/http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx to http://www.naco.org/Counties/Pages/FindACounty.aspx
- Added archive http://www.webcitation.org/6YSasqtfX to http://www.census.gov/prod/www/decennial.html
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130911234518/http://factfinder2.census.gov to http://factfinder2.census.gov
When you have finished reviewing my changes, please set the checked parameter below to true or failed to let others know (documentation at
Archived sources still need to be checked