|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Biography assessment rating comment
I think that the Spaak & Eschatology section should not be included for four reasons:
- The quote may be verified but its interpretation still is unverified
- Quotes should primarily be on wikiquote.
- It is a "tidbit" and has little to do with Spaak's political or social career
- For me it falls under WP:FRINGE/WP:UNDUE. That some fringe group believes this, is no reason to spend so much attention to it.
- C mon 08:06, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
- Au contaire, Spaak was a prime promotors of European unity, which is publicly recognized even by the EU itself. And this quote adds background to his achievements for students of Christian eschatology. --JNZ 08:40, 12 November 2007 (UTC)
Image P-H Spaak
The image is missing, can someone fix this or isn't there an image available ? Lars 07:28, 27 April 2008 (UTC)
Authoritarian call for a strong man
Spaak is said to have uttered the following at an EU economic summit:
|“||We [Europe] do not want another committee. We have too many already. What we want is a man of sufficient stature to hold the allegiance of all
people [of Europe] and to lift us out of the economic morass in which we are sinking. Send us such a man and be he god or the devil we will receive him.
I noticed a number of references are the url to a Google Book link. I though editors might be interested in a tool which takes a link as input and creates a (usually) properly formatted ref.
I used it to improve two such references.