|This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the Perlo group article.
This is not a forum for general discussion of the article's subject.
|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
On 27 April 1944 Elizabeth Bentley reported Kramer, PErlo, Flato, Glasser, Fitzgerald and others in a group of seven or eight CPUSA members.
Bentely tanlked about John Abt and Victor Perlo. They told her that this group was neglected and that nobody was interested in them. Kramer is the leader of the group. All occupy responsible posts in Washington, D.C.
On Browder's instructions Elizabeth Bentley contacted a new group in Washington, D.C. through John Abt
Harry Magdoff - Bentley's impressions: They are reliable members of the CPUSA, politically highly mature; they want to help with information. They said that they had been neglected and no one had taken any interest in their potentialities.
[29 groups unrecoverable]
"STORM [ShTORM]" [vii]. RAIDER [REJDER] [viii], PLUMB [LOT] [ix], TED [x], and KANT will go to TYRE [TIR] [xi] once every two weeks in turn.
PLUMB and TED know PAL [PEL] [xii]. We shall let you have identifying particulars
Note on KGB Archive material: much material runs from June to October 1945, after V-E Day; it may be hard to argue members of the Perlo group were helping the USSR to fight fascism at that point. nobs 21:20, 18 August 2005 (UTC)
Hello fellow Wikipedians,
I have just modified 3 external links on Perlo group. Please take a moment to review my edit. If you have any questions, or need the bot to ignore the links, or the page altogether, please visit this simple FaQ for additional information. I made the following changes:
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120330161416/http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/venona/1944/29apr_recruits.pdf to http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/venona/1944/29apr_recruits.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20130918034225/http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/venona/1944/13may_new_recruits.pdf to http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/venona/1944/13may_new_recruits.pdf
- Added archive https://web.archive.org/web/20120330161421/http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/venona/1944/30may_kgb_ny.pdf to http://www.nsa.gov/public_info/_files/venona/1944/30may_kgb_ny.pdf
When you have finished reviewing my changes, you may follow the instructions on the template below to fix any issues with the URLs.
You may set the
|checked=, on this template, to true or failed to let other editors know you reviewed the change. If you find any errors, please use the tools below to fix them or call an editor by setting
|needhelp= to your help request.
- If you have discovered URLs which were erroneously considered dead by the bot, you can report them with this tool.
- If you found an error with any archives or the URLs themselves, you can fix them with this tool.
If you are unable to use these tools, you may set
|needhelp=<your help request> on this template to request help from an experienced user. Please include details about your problem, to help other editors.