|This article is of interest to the following WikiProjects:|
Sections of usefullness
Is Fan Created Websites really necessary? That section just strikes me as very un-cyclopedic. I'm sure there's dozens of Pokémon or Halo fan sites that would love to be noticed, yet those pages manage with a handful of description-less External Links. The Pygmy Den hasn't even been updated in six months!
Another one i'm glaring at is the In Other Apps section; It should stay, but it could be squished down somehow, i'm sure of it (for example, the Super Meat Boy Characters section is less bulky). JaffaCakeLover (talk) 15:23, 2 December 2010 (UTC)
- I removed the "Contests" section as a listing of every contest associated with the company really isn't notable. Zachlipton (talk) 19:10, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
Pocket God the Comic
Separate iOS Page/Brand page
With the amount of content on here and the fact that there are now 6(iOS, iPad, Android, Windows Phone 7, Verizon, Facebook) versions of the game it could be necessary to change this page into a brand page with separate pages for the separate versions which have different features, namely the iOS version, the iPad app and the Facebook game which are completely different.
This page can be used to discuss the brand in terms of Pocket god, what it has become and all the products such as the comics and the plush toys whereas an iOS page would simply discuss the iOS app and the iPad page would discuss Pocket God: Journey to Uranus. Hdgreen (talk) 19:19, 10 February 2011 (UTC)
- I think we should hold back on that for a little while yet, this page is basically surrounding the iOS, Andorid, WP7, and Verizon version alone anyway. It's not really that necessary, yet. But still good to see that you are very enthusiastic about this, it's a big ask.
- It seems to me that we should avoid splitting off into separate articles unless it is truly necessary. There are many articles that handle topics that have multiple elements without resorting to splitting off so many articles? Perhaps this article can have 1-3 paragraph descriptions of each version and then link to articles like "List of Pocket God Episodes (iOS)," "List of Pocket God Episodes (Facebook)," etc... just like we do with TV shows?
- This is also assuming that this information is notable and doesn't fall under WP:FAN. Wikipedia articles on software applications don't usually list every version released; they just list major milestones in the article's history section. The addition of a new minigame or "A clean-up update to fix some bugs. Added an in-game news alert for Pocket God events" is not a remotely notable event. That kind of information can go on a brand new Pocket God wiki at Wikia or elsewhere if there is interest in such an endeavor. Zachlipton (talk) 04:35, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- I agree they should be split, but only if there is substantial encyclopedic reason to keep them. I'm not really seeing "episodes" here, as in substantial sections of a serial program, but rather versions of a software program that add new features or minigames that are enhancements to the general concept of the game. Bug fixes and minor additions to a software program are not worthy of inclusion in an article (or Team Fortress 2 would be 7 miles long). Perhaps Wikia Gaming could host this more detailed kind of data? Zachlipton (talk) 07:07, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
- And I agree on that also; not just about Team Fortress 2 but about how there should be an encyclopaedic reason for it to be moved to it's own article, but there is going to be an ultimate decision soon, the Episode Descriptions is getting a little too large, either cut back or make a new article. GWPSP090 (GO!) (talk) 07:31, 11 February 2011 (UTC)
Do not split at this time.
I have decided that the article split discussed above should not be created yet, as it currently does not fall under Wikipedia's notability guideline. I may be wrong on this assumption, but I have confidence I am correct. I also realize some of you may be bold and create it, but please, do not at this time. Thank you. G₩PSP0907thAdvisory 11:47, 28 April 2011 (UTC)
I was on the story creator and a new island popped up on the "Select Island" part. It was named "Space Island" and, when selected, brings you to Sand Island. This may just be a glitch, or it could be a PG update in the near future. RandomWikiUser2011 (talk) 21:33, 12 August 2011 (UTC)
Looking at this article, it's impossible to not notice it is seriously overlinked. Gravity? Dance? Fire? American? Everyone that can read knows these words. It is listed on the overlinking and underlinking page that plain English words should not be linked and I'm pretty sure those count as plain English words. If anyone would like to help me clean up the overlinking, it would be greatly appreciated. Lily075 (talk) 21:20, 16 January 2012 (UTC)