Talk:Prevention of HIV/AIDS
Regarding @The EU-wide ‘Joint Action on Improving Quality in HIV Prevention"
|An email containing details of the permission for this text has been sent in accordance with WP:OTRS.
Note to uploaders: Please copy the URL of this image or article in the email to assist OTRS volunteers to find it. If an email cannot be found in the OTRS system, the content may be deleted for lack of valid licensing information.
Sorry that I am without references
Wikipedia really needed an article on HIV prevention so I made one.
In this article I listed a lot of the ways which people consider using to prevent HIV and linked to the Wikipedia article of each one. I could have pulled references from each Wikipedia article, but what I would really like to find is some list somewhere from a WP:RS which has all of these strategies for prevention organized in a list. I also categorized strategies as either pharmaceutical or social in nature, but this is just an original research point of view. I am fairly sure that someone somewhere must have also categorized things this way, but again, I have no reference which just lists all this as I have organized it.
Blue raspberry - please monitor Remembertowright and his/her Agenda injections on Spiritual...etc — Preceding unsigned comment added by 2605:6000:EDCF:8900:51E8:AF92:5ECF:345 (talk) 01:18, 26 May 2015 (UTC)
There are lots of websites which talk about one or a few prevention strategies, but does anyone know any websites which discuss most or all of the ones on this page? Blue Rasberry (talk) 11:39, 29 March 2011 (UTC)
War as a cause of HIV
Even though it is out of the control of community public health centers, prevention of war is a form of HIV prevention because war is a major cause of HIV infection. user:Hamiltonstone removed a paragraph about the US war in Afghanistan and its effect on the spread of HIV. Since about 2005 and because of the war Afghanistan has come to provide about 85% of the world's supply of opium, and since most authorities agree that injection drug use is a route of HIV transmission, I think it is worth mentioning major events which encourage drug using behavior. I provided references. I think this section could be expanded and better explained, but I do not think it is tangential to discussing HIV. Blue Rasberry (talk) 12:23, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
Orphaned references in Prevention of HIV/AIDS
I check pages listed in Category:Pages with incorrect ref formatting to try to fix reference errors. One of the things I do is look for content for orphaned references in wikilinked articles. I have found content for some of Prevention of HIV/AIDS's orphans, the problem is that I found more than one version. I can't determine which (if any) is correct for this article, so I am asking for a sentient editor to look it over and copy the correct ref content into this article.
Reference named "CochraneSTI2012":
- From HIV/AIDS: Ng, BE; Butler, LM; Horvath, T; Rutherford, GW (2011-03-16). "Population-based biomedical sexually transmitted infection control interventions for reducing HIV infection.". Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online) (3): CD001220. PMID 21412869. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- From HIV: Ng, BE; Butler, LM; Horvath, T; Rutherford, GW (2011 Mar 16). "Population-based biomedical sexually transmitted infection control interventions for reducing HIV infection.". Cochrane database of systematic reviews (Online) (3): CD001220. PMID 21412869. Cite uses deprecated parameter
|coauthors=(help); Check date values in:
Reference named "AFP2007":
- From HIV: Kripke, C (2007 Aug 1). "Antiretroviral prophylaxis for occupational exposure to HIV.". American family physician. 76 (3): 375–6. PMID 17708137. Check date values in:
- From HIV/AIDS: Kripke, C (2007-08-01). "Antiretroviral prophylaxis for occupational exposure to HIV.". American family physician. 76 (3): 375–6. PMID 17708137.
I apologize if any of the above are effectively identical; I am just a simple computer program, so I can't determine whether minor differences are significant or not. AnomieBOT⚡ 12:54, 9 June 2012 (UTC)
I restored a list of HIV infection prevention strategies. Any of the items in the list could be expanded and until they are I think they have value here in list form. The article does not mention most of the list items otherwise. Blue Rasberry (talk) 23:15, 24 June 2012 (UTC)
- Thanks for the suggestion. This paper is a bit difficult to understand and I am not sure how best to include it. Can you draft what you think should be shared? Blue Rasberry (talk) 16:40, 25 May 2013 (UTC)
discussion about HIV screening topic coverage
Hi, at Talk:Public HIV testing in the United States#Broader topic of screening, there is ongoing discussion of re-focusing that article to be about HIV screening more broadly. This is a follow-on to Wikipedia:Articles for deletion/Public HIV testing in the United States (which closed "no consensus"). Feel free to comment at the new discussion. --doncram 22:31, 29 November 2014 (UTC)